Pharmacy Technician, Job ref. JO3263
Salary dependent on experience
We are delighted to be working with an award winning and market leading lifestyle retailer with multiple stores, renowned for their excellence in customer care, to assist them in sourcing and appointing a suitably qualified and experienced Pharmacy Technician.
They firmly believe that by employing motivated, driven and passionate team members, their customers always remain at the forefront of what they do, and your role will be pivotal in this.
- To assist the Pharmacist in the day to day running of the Dispensary;
- Answer patient questions and troubleshoot/resolve them promptly;
- Understand the various challenges of specific diseases and pharmaceutical care of these diseases;
- Assist the pharmacist in dispensing to and advising patients on POM and P medicines in a safe and legal manner in line with company procedures;
- Promote patients’ drug compliance;
- Report all drug adverse events;
- Establish and maintain good relationships with doctors and family practices;
- Work as part of a team to provide support to other members of the healthcare team;
- Manage claims under the various HSE schemes, including end of month procedures;
- Manage stock holding in the dispensary – including stock ordering, rotation and date checking;
- Sales of OTC medications in line with company procedures;
- Execution of the dispensary business plan;
- Assisting in group healthcare and retail events;
- Partaking in group training events;
- Maintaining awareness of market trends in the retail and pharmacy industries, understanding and implementing forthcoming group initiatives and monitoring what local competitors are doing;
- Initiating changes to improve the business alongside senior managers.
What we are looking for:
The successful candidate must have the following:
- A Recognised Pharmacy Technician or Dispensing Technician Qualification;
- Previous Pharmacy Technician experience in a busy pharmacy setting and previous experience and proficiency with McLernons Dispensing System;
- Accurate data entry skills with strong management and organisational skills;
- Essential to be able to read, write, and speak English fluently with excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- Be flexible and proactive to meet varied patient needs including willingness to be a team player and promote a positive team environment;
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently with excellent attention to detail;
- Be able to effectively present information to the patient and in small group situations and be able to collaborate with other healthcare professionals.
If interested, what you need to do next:
To register your interest in this position in confidence please submit a copy of your full up-to-date C.V. with a cover email/letter highlighting your suitability for the position.
Please include the Job Reference Number.
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and your permission sought to send your C.V. to the hiring client for review.
If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity:
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection:
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.