Our client is a global food business with a multi-million pound turnover, and supply into all the major retailers. They are now recruiting an experienced Packhouse Manager to join their site in Co Monaghan.
Under the direction of the Shift Production Manager, the successful Packhouse Manager will organise & manage the activities of the team to achieve the KPIs with minimum wastage whilst working closely to all Safety, Quality, HR and other policies and procedures.
- Organise & motivate the team to maximise productivity
- Implement good line planning practices.
- Ensure product is packed to match load times with any possible issues notified to Shift Production Manager as soon as possible
- Recognise any training requirements of the team that may improve productivity and communicate such to Shift Production Manager or Packhouse Manager.
- Ensure that matters that involve a breach of company rules/standards are investigated and outcomes communicated to Shift Production Manager for disciplinary action, where necessary
- Issue updates against the agreed plan from shift start to the Production, Planning and Transport teams
- Communicate effectively with staff to ensure they are fully briefed on relevant issues
- Ensure the requirements of the Company’s Health & Safety Policy are achieved and to promote the achievement of high standards of health & safety standards through the adoption of good work practices & proper investigation of accidents
- Maintain excellent housekeeping standards
- Minimum 1 years’ experience in FMCG / food based environment at supervisory level
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programmes (desirable)
- Preparedness to work flexible hours (shift runs Tuesday – Saturday)
- Willing to train quickly and under pressure
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative
Salary is in the region of €30 – 35k. This is an excellent chance to gain experience and work with one of Ireland’s largest fresh food businesses.
For further information or a confidential discussion please email your CV through the link or call us on +44 2890 826044.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.