On behalf of our Public Sector client we are inviting applications for the position of Research and Information Officer.
The successful candidate will assist with a range of information and research activities designed to help provide a strong evidence base for public health activity in Northern Ireland. This will involve liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- working on specific projects in health intelligence supporting topic areas such as mental health/suicide prevention, diabetes prevention, topbacco and the evaluation of interventions.
- assisting with research design, data analyses and report writing
- assisting in the contracting and management of external research projects
- conducting in-house research evaluation
- providing professional advice and support to the Public Health Agency for Northern Ireland
This is a temporary role until March 2020
Hours of work: Mon - Fri 09.00 - 17.00 (37.5 hours per week)
Hourly rate: £14.20
- Possess a university degree (social science or related) with a significant research component or an equivalent research related qualification
- 2 years' experience of working as a research assistant/information officer in a health and/or social research environment whether in the voluntary, statutory, academic or private sectors.
- Have practical experience in statistical analysis and data management using one of the main analysis packages
- Knowledge/Experience of qualitative research methodologies and practice
- Have excellent communication skills to include the production of high quality papers/reports
Please email your CV in Microsoft word format to Stephen Crawford by clicking on the link.
Applicants must ensure their CV is accurate and up to date. The CV should include your full employment history inclusive of dates, all academic achievements and full personal contact details.
Please note only applicants that match this criteria can be considered for the role.
Apple Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Apple Recruitment Services is an Equal Opportunities Employer.