Deputy General Manager, Job Ref. JO2997
Salary Negotiable based on experience
Full time Hours
We are delighted to be working with our client, a well known 4 star establishment located in the Co. Derry. They currently have an opening for a Deputy General Manager to join their award winning team.
- Under the general guidance of the General Manager assess, evaluate and ensure that long term and short term goals of all F&B Operations are met.
- To direct and manage all Food & Beverage operations to achieve sales and profitability and quality goals by developing and executing market strategies, controlling costs and providing quality service and product to the customers.
- To work closely with the General Manager and the Financial Controller to shape and implement the future strategy for the Resort
- To challenge current operations and develop proposals for new concepts
- All work will be in line with the hotel’s guidelines and business plan providing leadership to all heads of department and staff in absence of the General Manager.
- Assess, Evaluate and ensure food and beverage operations goals are met
- Direct and manager food and beverage department to achieve food and beverage goals
- Adherence to laws, regulations and policies
- Human resource management
- Developing and maintaining employee relations
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of the resort to ensure smooth progress
- Strong understanding of large volume restaurant operations
- Passionate and driven with an emphasis on Food & Beverage
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the Resort
- Strong Leadership and organisational skills
- Co-ordinate and manage all Health, Safety and Fire compliance within the Resort in conjunction with Maintenance.
- Can manage change, drive standards and develop the teams
- Ability to manage the Resort in the absence of the General Manager
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- 6 years hotel-based working
- 2 years at Management Team Level
- Computer Literate (databases, MS Office etc.)
- Track record of human resource development and training
- Experience in marketing and promotions relating to hotel operations
- Responsible for cost controlling for entire food & beverage department
- Financial Skills to P&L level accounting
- Review financial data and use to improve profitability
- Must be able to prioritise workload
- Must be well organised, priority focussed and very adaptable to change
- Hands on approach to everyday running of the resort
- An excellent eye for detail
- Knowledge of Health & Safety Practices
- Knowledge of Environmental Health Practices
- Appreciation of Labour and Equality Regulations
- Ensures that the Resort runs with legality and conformity
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria. PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any that is shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd. acts as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business.
We as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd is a Northern Ireland registered company, Reg. No NI066709.
Republic of Ireland Branch Reg. No 905918, Recruitment Agency License Number: EA3347.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
You can review our Data Protection Policies and Privacy Notice on our own website.
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.
Experience: See Description