We are currently working in connection with our prestigious client to recruit a General Manager for their Belfast based Golf Club. This will be a full-time, permanent position, with an attractive package being offered.
Our prestigious client wishes to appoint a General Manager to lead the business and member services activities of the club. This local Golf Club is a successful club based on the outskirts of Belfast, attracting more than 1000 annual members and a significant number of visitors each year.
Reporting to the Council, the successful candidate will have a “hands on” approach, proven managerial and business skills, be financially literate, have good communication skills and have a knowledge of golf.
The General Manager will hold responsibility for all day to day operations, and work with Council to develop and implement innovative strategies to fulfil the short, medium and long term objectives of the club, for both on course and off course activities. The role will require occasional weekend and evening work.
The remuneration package will comprise both base salary and a performance based bonus.
Completion of the following duties are required –
- To ensure the club, its facilities and services (the course, bar, restaurant, pro shop) are maintained to the highest standards to ensure the long term customer satisfaction of members and visitors.
- Ensure a welcoming environment to all, and operated profitably.
- To promote the club and its facilities to new members and visitors, through both digital media and other conventional means, to ensure the achievement of the income goals.
- To identify creative opportunities whereby the hospitality and club offering can be further developed.
- Prepare analysis and present plans to Council.
- Financial Management, administration and compliance.
- Supported by the finance/administration staff, as well as the Honorary Treasurer, the candidate will have day to day income and expenditure responsibility across the club, and will report to Council on progress against financial and customer satisfaction objectives.
- Ensure the club is compliant with all mandatory and legislative requirements.
- To ensure that appropriate systems and controls are in place for the smooth running and efficient management of the club, capturing appropriately Key Performance Indicators
- To manage staff resources professionally and effectively to ensure the smooth operation of the club and course facilities.
- Supported by the Head Greenkeeper and Greens Committee, ensure the golf course is presented to the highest standard, operating within the annual maintenance and capital budget
For this role Lynn Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment agency.
Lynn Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC).
Lynn Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note that only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.