Service Desk Engineers
Hours of work: Roles may operate on a day shift pattern, or on flex across a multi shift pattern.
Our Client, a leading provider of Telecommunications Services, is seeking to recruit Service Desk Engineers, primarily 1LOD, to their Belfast team. This is an opportunity to join a market leading organisation and to develop current skills and knowledge in an established team environment.
The primary responsibility for a Service Desk Engineer is to provide support for customers. This support will involve supporting end users with IT related issues via Email and Phone to ensure their issue is resolved as promptly as possible. A good understanding of networking/telephony is required in the drive to provide excellent levels of customer service to all.
The role will involve triaging of customer incidents, first line resolution where possible, following the ITIL recommendations and escalating when necessary. The role will also involve a number of administrative activities such as responding to customer emails and support of relevant contracts. You are encouraged to take ownership of incidents and will be expected to act with professionalism and integrity when working with customers and colleagues.
- Experience in successfully contributing to the management of service support teams within a busy & complex ICT service centre environment
- ITIL accredited (Desired) with a strong understanding of ITIL "Best Practice" Principles and experience in deploying support strategies, processes and supporting technology in line with ITIL Best Practice Framework
- Excellent interpersonal and customer relationship management skills
- Understands the business domain, customer positioning and prevailing technologies.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Industrious attitude who is a real team player.
- Cisco ICND1 accredited (Desired)
- Experience working with multiple technologies encompassing a Global customer base is also desired
Key Tasks/Responsibilities will include:
- To provide good customer service and administer customer requests in an ITIL based environment.
- Triage customer call/emails to understand the core issue and escalate as appropriate.
- Ensure calls are answered in a timely manner and emails are responded to with urgency.
- Proactively identify problems, perform trend analysis of repeat incidents and engage with problem teams to develop long term solutions to recurring issues.
- Suggest improvements to help the team and customer.
- To correctly triage and diagnose network and other IT related issues before escalating to second line. Collect as much relevant information as possible before escalating.
- Document actions and owners during team meetings you may be involved in and weekly Incident reviews, communicate to all relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain and influence expectations of service delivery across the business to meet SLA targets.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
If you are interested in applying or wish to find out what locations are currently available please send your CV via the link to Paula McClymont at Grafton Recruitment.
Experience: 0 yrs