We are currently working in connection with our Public Sector Client to recruit a Customer Service Assistant for the Newry area. This is a temporary position with causal working hours at a rate of £9.78 per hour.
The successful candidate will be required to provide a high level of clerical, reception and secretarial support, whilst delivering exceptional customer service at all times.
Main Duties Include:
- Validation and processing of planning applications under supervision of a senior officer.
- Undertaking site visits, participating in site meetings, writing up reports of visits, formulating professional opinions.
- Assisting with the preparation of material for planning appeals and public inquiries.
- Monitoring planning decisions and investigating suspected cases of unauthorised development, interviewing parties, taking statements, inspecting, surveying and photographing sites, writing up reports, representing the Council in the service of enforcement notices and acting as a witness at court and enforcement appeals.
- Assisting with the preparation of development plans, enhancement strategies and regeneration proposals for conservation areas, town centres and other selected settlements.
- Assisting with research into and preparation of reports relating to policy formulation and development control.
- Managing technical support staff (if any).
- Dealing with enquires from the public, by telephone, correspondence and face to face.
- Operating the Council’s IT Systems including Geographical Information System (GIS).