Title: Privacy Risk Assessor- Northern Ireland
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
*Belfast is the preferred location.
Protection of customer personal information (PI) is fundamental in all that Allstate does, and at Allstate NI we are now seeking experienced privacy professionals to join our new team of Privacy Risk Assessors supporting the critical new Companywide Personal Information Protection Programme. This is an exciting opportunity for candidates with a proven privacy risk background seeking a new challenge.
Reporting to the Privacy department you will be responsible for performing privacy impact assessments and analysis to isolate, describe and resolve both real and potential privacy threats that can affect Allstate's technology and business environment.
If you have experience and a passion for privacy we would like to hear from you!
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Perform privacy impact assessments and analysis to isolate, describe and resolve both real and potential privacy risks that can affect Allstate's technology and business environment.
- Serve as a trusted GPI advisor to business partners through demonstration of a strategic understanding of the partner’s business, mission and goals, and support business initiatives in a complex and evolving risk landscape.
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and mitigate risks and reduce potential impact to personal information to a level acceptable to the senior management of the company.
- Review complex changes in company processes, standards, and technology to ensure the effectiveness of privacy risk mitigation strategies.
- Consult with stakeholders on requirements for new and existing business solutions.
- Understand business requirements and work to define appropriate solutions and controls while meeting business goals and objectives.
- Participate in company processes, standards and technology to ensure the effectiveness of privacy and security controls to meet compliance requirements.
- Maintain awareness of current privacy and or security best practices, industry standards, reference, data models and regulatory compliance to understand and evaluate potential areas of risk to personal information.
- Research and analyze technology and business impact and exposure based on emerging privacy risks.
- Support risk-based decision making through the use of portfolio models, privacy and security risk controls, matrix, and predictive modeling.
- Champion the integration of GPI Information activities into Allstate day to day processes including work intake and project management processes.
- Promote and consult on the positions that help strengthen and secure the organization by either following standards or helping direct others on technology positions.
- Be a liaison and subject matter expert for the organization's GPI privacy and security policies and procedures, and best practices.
Hours of work:
- Standard hours Mon – Fri;
- Flexibility to meet business needs as required
Essential criteria : candidates should clearly state on their application form how they meet each of the essential criteria as these will be assessed during shortlisting and only these deemed to meet all of the below criteria will move forward to the next stage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a privacy, risk, compliance, data protection or related role; and
- Experience or knowledge of any of: privacy impact assessments, risk assessments, data protection, HIPAA, ISO 27001 and/or other ISO management systems standards, Privacy by Design; and
- Ability to manage a diverse workload and multiple projects at the same time and keep track of multiple and varying regulatory obligations; and
- Ability to collaborate with and influence various stakeholders; and
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation experience; and
- Able to evolve and stay current with regulations, technology, industry and best practices for IT, security and privacy in a dynamic environment; and
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.
Desirable Criteria – These criteria may be used where we have a high number of applicants
- Relevant Degree or if no degree minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Certifications: Privacy, risk, compliance or data protection, e.g., IAPP or a willingness to take this certification.
- Travel initial for training and then ongoing travel as business needs require
Closing Date: 17th March 2017
Click on the APPLY BUTTON for further details.
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities: Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.