Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Harbour and Marina Assistant based in Rathlin Island - 20hrs per week
Role: Harbour and Marina Assistant -
Pay rate: Weeks 1 - 12 £9.00p/h - Week 13+ £9.74p/h
- Carry out regular inspections of the Marina, Harbour and designated public realm areas, to ensure compliance with relevant health and safety regulations.
- Record the movement of vessels to ensure the safe berthing of craft in the maritime area.
- Ensure the security, safety and cleanliness of the maritime area.
- Ensure that berthing conditions, Bye-Laws and local regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Maintain and update daily work schedules, berthing inventories and other records as required by legislation, MEA, Harbour Master and Marina management to ensure the efficient and effective running of the maritime area
- Control access to the maritime area for both contractors and customers, ensuring validation and authority for presence and work.
- Carry out general and minor maintenance and repairs within the maritime area including removal of debris ashore and afloat, power washing, board replacement and operate an effective requisition process for works outside of a basic provision through proper reference to the Assets and Facilities Maintenance division and Procurement team.
- Regular and accurate recording of inventories including electricity, water and vessels on a daily/weekly basis as required.
- Assist the Harbour Master and other Assistant Harbour Masters with berth allocation, berth transfers and any general berthing issues, keeping all appropriate records up to date and readily available.
- Provide front office cover as part of a duty rota, providing customer service and operating an electronic point of sale (EPOS) system.
- Assist with event management on site as necessary and erect/dismantle equipment as required.
- One Years' experience working in the Marine/Harbour environment.
- One years experience working with the general public in a customer facing role.
- English and Maths at GCSE level or equivalent (above C grade).
- One years experience using MS Excel, Word and Outlook or similar software package.
- Applicants must be able to swim.
- One years cash handling experience.
Desirable Criteria :
- Health and Safety Awareness Training.
- Relevant marine experience and qualifications.
- VHF Operator's Certificate.
- RYA Advanced Boat Handling Certificate.
- First Aid Certificate.
- General repair and maintenance skills and experience.
- Local nautical knowledge and tidal conditions.
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link
Experience: 0 yrs