Vacancy Reference - 18385
We are currently recruiting for four Band 4 Painters for the Armagh/Craigavon & Newry areas. This will be a full-time temporary role, consisting of 37.5 hours per week and expected to last for four months initially. Hours of work will be Monday to Friday 8:30am-5:00pm.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* To understand the workings of Building fabric and services and systems in NHS/Trust premises. Ensuring that they are maintained to a high standard and that all Buildings are utilised in a safe and efficient manner.
* Diagnose & carry out first line fabric repairs and redecoration of the building fabric throughout the Estate. Ensure any outstanding defects are speedily reported to the relevant supervisor/manager in order to affect appropriate repair.
* Work with the supervisor in using the Backtraq system to receive, update and close off requests and update records. Ensure a request is raised to cover all activities undertaken to ensure Estates has full visibility of trade staff hours, productivity and activities for trend analysis and continuous improvement.
* Carry out planned maintenance, routine checks & inspections. Develop PPM's for buildings /facilities /fabric of the buildings /plants using your skills and experience.
* Review handover documents, O&M manuals and drawings to identify PPM and servicing needs and assist in scheduling and programming these on the Backtraq system when instructed by the Supervisor.
* Use drawings & manuals to aid in the maintenance of building fabric and fixtures. Also use these manuals to source suppliers of fittings and fixtures.
* Liaise with manufacturers and contractors to obtain information on operation and maintenance of the building fabric.
* Follow department policies & comment on as appropriate. Use appropriate tools, equipment and PPE. Carry out mental risk assessments when carrying out tasks to ensure the safety of yourself, and others.
* To work collaboratively, understand the inter-relationship between the various trades and other works/estates staff, carrying out a varied range of multidiscipline work following appropriate training.
* To instruct and pass on knowledge and experience to other members of the Estates team. To be mindful of the need for the safe, secure, storage and usage of plant, equipment, stock and tools.
* Be available to undertake emergency and urgent works, which includes working outside normal working hours or through breaks from time to time.
* Participate in the emergency on-call rota for your discipline.
* To undertake training where necessary, either on or off site, to learn new techniques and gain further knowledge and skills and comply with legislation and competence requirements of the post.
* Fully comply with fire and health and safety policies and procedures. Remain vigilant and report any hazards, risks, non-compliances or opportunities for continuous improvement. Maintain workplace /workshop /stores and plant rooms in a clean, tidy and organised manner.
* Carry a trust communication device eg pager / mobile phone / PDA
* To undertake routine maintenance redecorations and wash-downs, both internally and externally, in accordance with the Estates programme, at any of the properties maintained by Estates.
* To undertake other relevant tasks as directed, including:
a) manufacture of temporary and permanent signs
c) erection and dismantling of scaffolding
d) to redecorate specified areas as part of an upgrade/refurbishment scheme using fibreglass wall covering
e) to remove buffer rails, notice boards, pictures, soap and paper towel dispensers and any other fixtures and fittings prior to decorating and refixing same on completion
f) move all furniture prior to and following decoration
g) to replace damaged ceiling tiles
h) use of hydraulic platform for external painting
i) to patch damaged plaster work prior to decoration
j) to re-fix loose tiles, splash backs, vinyl skirting prior to decoration
k) replace broken glass
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Recognised CITB Painting & Decorating apprenticeship or equivalent approved training
* Hold NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a building discipline or have 5 years post apprenticeship work
* Minimum of 2 years post apprenticeship experience
* CSR Card
* Driving Licence with Access to a car
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.