Vacancy Reference: 18516
We are currently working in connection with our major public sector client, an established strategic housing authority, to recruit an Electrician x5 for the Belfast area. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37 hours per week, at rate of £11.24 per hour. An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working on a range of duties for a domestic response maintenance contract and provide a high quality service in a timely and professional manner on behalf of NIHE
-To undertake, as and when required, first and second fix electrical work associated with major and minor construction work and refurbishment including response maintenance repairs, electrical Inspection and testing Domestic smoke alarm replacement and other duties as appropriate
- To undertake all electrical work as necessary in the maintenance and refurbishment of Housing Executive stock / buildings
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of all job information by both paperwork and electronic means as required and pass this on to supervisor within agreed time-scales
- Minor work outside trade where required for operational purposes and Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the post objectives as required by management
- As the successful candidates will be working closely with tenants they are expected to be tenant focused with good communication skills and the ability to prioritise their own workload
The successful applicants may also be required to provide an emergency call out service, at night and weekends, on a rota basis. Candidates will normally be on call for a 7 day period at a time
- Have completed either a time served or skills apprenticeship; and
- Have at least 1 years' post apprenticeship experience; and Hold a Level 3 certificate in the requirements for Electrical Installation to BS 2382 (17th Edition).
- In addition, the successful candidate must hold, or be willing to attain the following electrical qualifications within 1 year from date of being appointed
- Either C&G 2391 or C&G 2394 /2395 electrical testing and inspection
- You must also have a full current driving licence or access to a form of transport which would enable you to carry out the required duties of this post
- Appropriate CSCS / CSR / SafePass Card
- Either already be or be prepared to attain SparkSafe License to Practise registration if successful
- Be a good communicator
- Response maintenance experience
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18.00.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.