Our client is a thriving local engineering company who are now seeking a Transport / Logistics Coordinator to join their South Down based team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting in the co-ordination the company’s transport operations from their NI headquarters across the UK and Ireland, and must have previous relevant experience working within logistics / transport.
This would suit either an experienced Logistics / Transport Coordinator OR someone with experience on the driving side looking to move from a driver role into an office based post.
- Driver hours management within RHA guidelines
- Seeking Permits for abnormal loads throughout UK and Ireland
- Ensuring loads adhere to weight limits
- Co-ordinating loads for shipping on running units or shipping trailers only, ensuring empty unaccompanied trailers are returned for loading; Booking ferries
- Managing vehicles for availability for respective checks & PSVs
- Organising breakdown recoveries throughout UK
- Managing driver holiday cover
Previous knowledge / experience in:
- Shipping and booking boats
- Freight paperwork,
- Vosa regulations and Drivers Hours restrictions
- Booking PSVs, eight weekly and six weekly checks
- Recording Maintenance
- Logistics of organising freight out and back loads home to minimal mileage and driver hours
- Ability to prioritise workload and operate with a sense of urgency
Salary is in the region of £30-35k depending on experience.
For further information and a confidential discussion please upload your CV through the link or contact us on 02890 826044.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.