Your new Company
HNH Human Capital are exclusively partnering with a successful home-grown FMCG company, to recruit a Purchasing Manager into their business. The role arises as a result of the operations Manager relinquishing responsibility for the purchasing aspect of their role and creates an opportunity for a dedicated Purchasing Manager to come in and take control of the procurement function.
Your new role
As Purchasing Manager, you will report into the Operations and Quality Control Managers and will liaise closely with the Warehousing, production, packing and engineering departments. You will be working with Regulatory and Quality teams on product and supplier approval, provide purchasing report analysis and preparation and will work with supply chain on MRP and Warehouse Management Systems.
All about you
To be a successful Purchasing Manager in this role, you will likely present with at least 2 years in a similar position and have relevant industry experience from either FMCG, Food retail, drinks or hospitality sector. Experience within the ROI market, B2B environment and boutique companies would be ideal.
Communication and leadership
- Continuously seek out opportunities to drive best practice in business by ensuring appropriate purchase order is raised.
- Convey competent updates to leading business stakeholders during the procurement process
Change, risk and issue management
- Identify and raise risks when necessary
- Identify tools and new procedures to improve the efficiency of the procurement process.
- Degree educated OR experience within procurement/supply chain.
- Strong and confident experience in supplier negotiation
- Ability to raise purchase orders and approving invoices
- Experience in Oracle or similar (ideal)
- Experience of a contract's management tool
- Experience of processing medium to high volume purchase orders
- Technical knowledge in an area relevant to procurement
- Exceptional Microsoft Office skills - Specifically Excel
Salary circa £25,000 depending on experience. You will have the opportunity to assume control of a Purchasing function in a successful company and to take on more responsibility as the company grows potentially.
How do I apply?
Send your CV to our Associate Director Fionntán Gamble on fionntan @ hnhhumancapital.com or call on 02890316948 in confidence to discuss.