Vacancy Reference - 17288
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Statistical Officer to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday 37 hours and expected to last until the end of September. The following duties will be required -
* Assisting with designing potential Lab projects, which includes project proposals, to address the challenge
* Organising and conducting the discovery phase of Lab projects, which includes desk based research (including formal literature reviews) user research (focus groups/interviews), and specifically statistical analysis of existing data
* Designing experiments (including randomized controlled trials where possible) for Lab projects, which will include power calculations and appropriate hypothesis testing statistical analyses
* Writing Lab Project reports with supporting statistical content
* Communicating research findings to sponsors and Lab participants in a visual and creative way
* Assisting with the development of analytical and evaluation tools for Lab projects, Lab events and focus groups and event management.
* Liaising with Lab sponsors relating to project design, project management, and project results
* Writing statistical reports
* Communicating and presenting research findings to sponsors and Lab participants in a visual and creative way
* Measuring interventions
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* At least a lower second class honours degree [2.2] which has included training in statistics and /or social science research methods
* At least a lower second class honours degree [2.2] and a Royal Statistical Society award of at least Certificate level
* A postgraduate qualification that has included training in statistics and/or social science research methods
* Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
* Team working and good interpersonal skills
* Strong organisation skills
* Ability and willingness to quickly understand, and work to review and develop outputs form this work area
* Good data and analysis and presentation skills are important in this post, as well as a sound knowledge of software packages including Microsoft Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
* Extensive knowledge and experience of using SPSS
* Development of Department's infographics using e-draw (Desirable)
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £26.00
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.