Ref - 12375
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Archaeologist to commence immediately and is expected to last until the end of March 17 with the possibility of extension. The role will be full time and completion of the following duties will be expected -
* Responsible for assisting their Curatorial Grade D line manager in the provision of comprehensive archaeological & historic environment related development management advice on planning consultations received by the Historic Environment Division.
* Hands-on role in carrying out casework connected with strategic spatial planning, large-scale infrastructure projects, planning consultations, reviewing archaeological impact assessments and archaeological mitigation strategies as part of the planning process and carrying out related fieldwork.
It is essential that candidates meet the following criteria to be considered for the role -
* An honours degree in archaeology,
* A degree in a relevant subject such as geography, architecture or history, with at least one year's further full-time study (or the equivalent aggregated over 3 years) leading to the award of a recognised post-graduate qualification in archaeology, industrial heritage or built heritage management;
* At least one year's professional archaeological fieldwork or research experience or one year's professional experience, gained in the last 5 years, within the duties and responsibilities detailed above in Key Responsibilities. The two types of experience may be combined to achieve the required one year.
* A full driving licence, valid for Northern Ireland, and access to a form of transport that will enable them to carry out the duties of the post in full.
* Please note a Basic Access NI clearance is a requirement for this post at a cost of £26 to the candidate.
For this role Kennedy Recruitment are acting in the capacity of a Recruitment Business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Candidates should be aware that in the event of a high volume of applicants, we may only be able to contacts those candidates deemed appropriate.