Vacancy Reference - 16437
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 8A Project Manager to be based in Belfast. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday and it's expected to last until September 2019. The following duties will be required -
* Successfully delivering short time bounded complex ICT projects to time and budget as directed by BSO Senior Management, the individual project Senior Responsible Owners (SROs) and Project Boards, as appropriate.
* Working collaboratively and innovatively with all stakeholders to develop business cases.
* Undertaking desktop analysis of customer business plans, internal policies, strategy, operation and performance management documents to identify and report on how ICT can further facilitate customers in meeting their corporate objectives and deliverables.
* Review of customer business identifying risks in terms of availability, supportability and capacity. Propose options to address identified risks, including budgetary costs, procurement strategy and timeframes.
* Identification of solutions to address requirements which may use innovative technologies or transformation to digital business.
* Presentation of findings and recommendations to customer Senior Management.
* The management and delivery of the relevant project and documentation in line with BSO and HSC Standards and Practices and PRINCE2 project management standards.
* Working with external commercial suppliers for the procurement and subsequent implementation of ICT Systems, Solutions and Services.
* Working with specialist advisors in legal and procurement services to successfully deliver projects and their relevant contractual agreements.
* Planning, monitoring and reporting on projects utilising the BSO standard Programme and Project Management (PPM) software tool (Project Vision); Setting up project and programme structures for the effective management, quality assurance and reporting of projects and programmes.
* Liaison with Programme management and related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
* Financial planning and control of individual capital and revenue project and programme budgets.
* Reporting through agreed reporting structures project progress through Highlight Reports and End-Stage Assessments.
* Managing Project Administration resources.
* Organising and preparing for Post Project Evaluations and Project Reviews to assess how well the Project was managed and where appropriate, disseminating 'lessons to be learned' and the preparation of any Post Project follow-on action recommendations as required.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* PRINCE2 Practitioner is required
* A university degree or professional qualification and have worked for at least 3 years in the last 5 years in a project management role;
* Have worked for at least 5 years in the last 7 years in a project management role within a major organisation
* Have experience of leading complex ICT supported projects with a budget of over £100,000.
* Have at least 3 years' experience managing teams of people.
* Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.