Vacancy Reference: 19469
We are currently recruiting for a Strangford Ferry Purser. This will be a full-time temporary role, 4 days a week, consisting of 37hours per week, with an hourly rate of £8.21. This vacancy is expected to last for 3 - 6 months.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Carry out ticket sales and cash handling procedures in strict accordance with the procedures issued by Ferry Management
- Complete all paperwork in a clear and concise manner as required by management;
- Be responsible for their ticket machine and use and maintain batteries in accordance with instructions
- Report machine faults to the Ferry Manager or Clerk at the earliest opportunity
- Retain and be familiar with all safety instructions issued from time to time by management and put these into practice as the situation demands
- As all crew members are required to participate fully in safety drills as required by management
- Experience of working in the marine or fishing industries is required
- Appropriate Health and Safety training will be provided following appointment
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading business, committed to ensuring that their customers receive a first class level of service and offering genuine opportunities for career progression.
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain a Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.