R Developer - Belfast
- Abacus Professional Recruitment are recruiting for a firm that would be regarded as a real success story for Northern Ireland. They have been going through a sustained and exciting growth phase and are keen to continue that growth over the coming months and years. My client sits in a specialised industry where they have a product that is completely revolutionary. We are currently recruiting for several jobs in Belfast for this client so please get in touch. I would be keen to speak to candidates that have experience of developing code in R.
- Development of R code to support ongoing product development.
- Playing an integral part of an agile product development team, involved in sprint planning and daily stand ups meetings.
- Participation in regular peer code reviews to maintain code quality and security.
- Communicating status and progress
- Proven experience in coding with R in a commercial or academic setting.
- Degree in a subject with high mathematical content.
- Experience in statistical design for the analysis of data.
- The ability to work independently or as part of a small team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- MSc or PhD in a subject with statistical content.
- Experience of modelling and/or simulation.
- Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming principles, including use of S4 classes.
- Architecture of complex commercial applications.
- Experience in working in an agile software development environment.
- Good working knowledge of source control (e.g. git) and issue tracking (e.g. JIRA) development tools.
- Great basic salary offered plus a generous benefits package
- Damian Farrell
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Experience: 0 yrs