Premiere People Healthcare are seeking to recruit a Health and Wellbeing Improvement Officer on behalf of a Public Sector Client based in Belfast.
About the role:
Health and Social Well-being Improvement Officer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the development of a strategic and integrated approach to improving health and social wellbeing and reducing health inequalities in Northern Ireland.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of an effective and coherent team to deliver the wide-ranging objectives of health and social wellbeing.
- Contribute to the development of joint working arrangements with local government and lead on discrete health improvement issues as identified.
- Work as part of the Health & Social Wellbeing Improvement Team to influence planning, policy and decision-making.
- Establish and develop key working relationships with a range of sectors to influence the achievement of health and wellbeing outcomes across sectors.
- Work within existing resources and, where appropriate, advance the case for additional resources from a range of sources.
- Support regional / local lead officer(s) to develop and take forward plans for specific identified issues / themes within health and social well-being improvement.
- Lead on identified specialist health improvement issue(s) within local and regional plans.
- Develop and deliver a range of specialist programmes which will demonstrate impact.
- The prime purpose of this post will be to promote, facilitate, and assist in the regional and local implementation of health and social well-being strategies, action plans and other related strategic priorities.
- The post holder will drive, enable and facilitate the delivery of this work across the PHA and HSCB, and the wider statutory, community and voluntary sector, with particular emphasis on supporting the relevant planning, implementation or service groups. This will require the post holder to contribute to the development and delivery of regional and /or local Action Plans and to ensure appropriate consistency and coordination between local and Regional Plans. S/he will also be required to be a lead specialist for identified areas of health improvement.
- Post holder will be expected to travel throughout Northern Ireland and may be required to occasionally travel outside of Northern Ireland.
- The post holder will require initiative and vision, and will possess a range of leadership, management, motivational and influencing skills to fill this challenging position.
- Relevant Degree or recognised professional qualification or equivalent qualification (NQF level 6) and a minimum of 2 years' experience of project / programme management within a health improvement, public health, nursing, education, community development or mental health environment.
A minimum of 5 years' experience within a health improvement, public health, nursing, education, community development or mental health environment.
- Experience of engaging with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders including the voluntary and / or community sector.
- Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment.
For more information please contact a member of the Healthcare Team on 02890 720104.
Experience: 0 yrs