Test Engineer –New role (Lisburn)
Our client are a fast growing organisation known for their innovation in the Healthcare sector. They have a strong investment in technology and a commitment to quality.
As part of their current growth plans they require an experienced Test Engineer. You will be part of an agile software unit and will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and platforms to create world class products for the future.
Within this role you will be integral to the testing team, delivering a wide range of testing services from planning through to validation. Your work will be central to ensuring delivery of highly effective solutions for hospitals and labs around the world.
• Participate in the creation and execution of test events
• Create clear, concise test plans based on business requirements
• Create and maintain automated and manual tests
• Liaise with developers to ensure unit and integration tests provide comprehensive test coverage
• Identify, triage and re-test defects. Work with the test lead to ensure that the root cause of the defects are analysed to reduce improve software quality on an ongoing basis
• Analyse user stories and produce test conditions, expected results and test data
• Participate in Agile ceremonies such as Sprint Planning to ensure that testing is central to the development approach
• Report on progress of test events- ensuring that the project management team are kept informed of progress. Escalate risks and issues to management as required
• Contribute to all stages of testing activities
• Ensure test events are delivered to agreed timelines
• Work with Project Managers to determine testing needs and critical issues related to project
• Prioritise testing based on appropriate risk/benefit analysis
Does this sound like you?
Required Skills and Experience:
• 3+ years’ experience of testing (ideally within an agile team)
• Experience of continuous integration
• Experience using test management tools
• Exposure to SQL
• Experience in reporting to project managers on the status of testing.
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience using JIRA
• Experience using Git
• Demonstrable experience in the healthcare industry or another regulated industry
• Experience of specifying and conducting test events and writing reports
• Test automation experience creating and maintaining a test framework (working with page object design pattern)
• Ability to adopt a continuous improvement approach by proactively seeking out development opportunities
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a pioneering company in a worthwhile sector. You will work with modern technologies and learn new toolsets. There are also opportunities to be involved in significant test process changes.
For further information or to request a copy of the job description please contact Stephen Ingram on 028 90997720. Alternatively e-mail your cv and any query to Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org
Experience: Software Testing Manual Testing Automation Testing (Exposure) SQL JIRA, GIT (desirable)
Automation Testing (Exposure)
JIRA, GIT (desirable)