Kennedy Health and Social Care are seeking a Band 5 Health Protection Nurse Practitioner for a temporary block booking with a large public body organisation in the Belfast area. The hours of work are between 9am-5pm Monday-Friday.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Be an active member of the Health Protection Acute Response Duty Team in providing a health protection service to health professionals and the general public. Specifically this will involve the triage of enquiries, giving advice, management of acute response calls/ incidents relating to the full range of health protection issues (i.e. infectious and non-infectious hazards and the major incident response), and maintenance of excellent electronic records on HP Zone.
* When competent participate in the provision of specialist vaccination advice to health professionals in Northern Ireland.
* Liaise directly with a wide range of agencies in the community (see working relationships) to ensure appropriate health protection and infection prevention and control measures are taken.
* Provide specialist advice on the collection and interpretation of diagnostic samples, administering immunisations, risk assessment and antibiotic prophylaxis in collaboration with the Health Protection Consultant, or a senior practitioner.
* Interpret and initiate action on laboratory reports as appropriate.
* Help develop, review and disseminate PHA policies & procedures/SOP's relating to communicable disease, immunisation and infection control.
* Participate in the implementation of national strategies and campaigns.
* Provide specialist health protection input and participate in identifying, investigating and monitoring outbreaks and incidents of infection including, where appropriate, interviewing cases (in-patients and out -patients), advising on public health management of and implementing control measures.
* Support the Health Protection Team in managing outbreaks and incidents, including minute taking of Outbreak Control Team/Incident management Team meetings and supporting epidemiological studies such as questionnaire completion and maintaining basic spread sheets of data, if required.
* Contribute to the implementation of identified and planned projects and initiatives as part of the team's overall objectives.
* Help develop and apply appropriate standards and relevant monitoring tools for a range of clinical environments.
* Contribute to clinical audits of all aspects of health protection.
* Participate in the public health response to major incidents or exercises involving infectious, chemical or radiological agents in conjunction with the Health Protection Consultant and other senior staff...
* Participate in TB contact tracing and screening initiatives in partnership with primary care TB specialist teams as appropriate.
* Due to the geographical position of headquarters, the post holder will occasionally be required to travel outside Belfast to attend meetings and conferences. This may necessitate overnight stays.
* The above is only an outline of the tasks, responsibilities and outcomes required of the role. You will carry out any other duties as may reasonably be required by your line manager.
* The job description and person specification may be reviewed on an ongoing basis in accordance with the changing needs of the Health Protection Service and PHA.
* It should be noted that the work of the service is of a confidential nature and must not be communicated to other persons except where required for authorised purposes.
BENEFITS OF AGENCY WORK:
* Flexible working hours
* Weekly pay
* Holiday Pay entitlement
* Free Uniform given
* Free On Line Training
* Career Development Planning
* Clinical Supervision, Appraisals and Support with revalidation given
* 24 hour support available
* Friendly and professional staff committed to your career
Knowledge, skills and experience required
* Registered on NMC "live" Register
* At least 1 years post registration experience in a clinical setting.
* Evidence of further study as demonstrated through completion of short course, personal study or other CPD activities.
* Have a sound knowledge and understanding of the current issues that face health protection including future challenges and opportunities.
* Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team.
* Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills to meet the needs of the post.
To apply for this position and arrange an immediate interview, please contact the Kennedy Health & Social Care team on (028) 9033 3990 and ask for Lyn Parker or Dale Robinson. Please quote relevant vacancy number 17061
Kennedy Health & Social Care is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC)
Kennedy Health & Social Care adheres to all current employment legislation.