MCS Group is proud to be working alongside an ambitious, internationally driven and award-winning agency, to recruit a Media Planner / Buyer to join their team on a Temporary Maternity Cover basis for 13 months commencing in September.
The successful candidate will manage the strategic media planning and buying for specific accounts for current agency and potential future clients.
The job will primarily involve the planning, buying and post campaign reviews across the core mediums of TV, Radio, Print, Outdoor, Cinema (Digital knowledge is advantageous but not essential for this role).
Geographically, your main remit will focus on Northern Ireland planning, however you will occasionally be involved in planning/buying media in ROI, GB and further afield, depending on client requirements.
You will support the Head of Media and work closely with the agency's digital media team, strategic planner, account management and client representatives. The role will involve identifying clients' current media needs and anticipating future needs in order to develop strategic and tactical solutions to answer their objectives. You will also be required to identify media revenue opportunities through "last minute" offers, potential "media only" clients and maximising on media rebates.
- Excellent understanding of ALL NI media platforms (TV, Radio, Outdoor, Print, Cinema) the current media landscape and future trends.
- An understanding of digital media and how it integrates with ATL mediums.
- Proficiency in media planning and research tools e.g. TGI, Nielsen, DDS, Telmar, JNOR and a desire to seek out new tools to benefit clients.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to go beyond the client's brief to provide holistic thinking to media planning and buying.
- Ability to develop strong client relationships in order to successfully understand their business, marketplace and competitors activity.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with media suppliers, contractors and media partners.
- Ability to cost out media plans and manage client budgets, maximising revenue streams from each account for the Agency.
- Excellent project management skills, planning ahead, prioritising and scheduling your workflow across a number of accounts in an effective manner.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to create presentations and new business tenders.
- Excellent verbal skills with the ability to both brief individuals and make presentations to client teams and new business pitches in a clear, persuasive manner.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and also as part of a team.
- Have strong numerical skills and be confident with working with data and assimilating large quantities of information in an efficient and effective manner.
- Be passionate about delivering good work, open to new ideas and prepared to challenge constructively.
- Be flexible in your approach to work and time management.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage shifting priorities.
- Strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point & Outlook.
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Sasha Boyle, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group 028 96935515 ?
Experience: 0 yrs