Internal Communications Officer - Temporary ongoing - £18.21ph - Greater Belfast
Your new company
Executive body in NI
Your new role
- Develop the Internal Communications Strategy and work with business areas to implement the strategy.
- Build relationships within and between directorates to promote and ensure consistent messages are delivered throughout the organisation
- Work closely with Clerk/Chief Executive, Directors and Heads of Business to advise and influence their communications to staff.
- Translate corporate strategic goals and priorities into meaningful messages for employees in the context of the organisations Corporate Strategy and values.
- Develop and implement creative and inclusive approaches to staff engagement
- Liaise with the Internal Communications Group and the wider Secretariat on internal communications and adjust communications content and approach as required.
- Source stories from business areas about the work of the organisation
- Plan, write and edit content appropriate for a range of communication mediums e.g. intranet, email, social media, video messaging etc.
- Work with Secretariat project teams to develop and implement communication strategies for internal projects.
- Handle internal communications on external situations
- Technical and strategic development of the organisations intranet, including providing support and training to users of the content management system.
- Develop and implement a content management strategy
- Assist the Head of Communications with budgetary management with respect to internal communications.
- Undertake other duties in line with the needs and level of this post.
What you'll need to succeed
- A degree in Communications or a related discipline, plus two years' experience in the areas listed at (a) to (d) below.
- Five years' experience in the areas listed at (a) to (d) below.
a) Researching and sourcing material and drafting / editing copy for communication to stakeholders. b) Technical, strategic development and content management of an organisation's website or intranet. c) Leading on internal employee engagement initiatives and being responsible for the communication of information arising from such initiatives. d) Providing advice and guidance on the approach and content of internal communications to a range of stakeholders. e) Making oral presentations to staff and other stakeholders, conveying information on a range of strategic and operational matters.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs