Title: Data Science - Marketing Manager - Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
This role is responsible for leading a team using data to make decisions within Marketing for Allstate’s enterprise brands. Products delivered by this team will improve the performance and efficiency of Marketing tactics across four main work streams: Marketing Execution, Lead Optimisation, Marketing Optimisation & Attribution, and Consumer Personalisation.
As a leader in Marketing Analytics, you will have responsibility for methodological standards including:
- the development and implementation of new marketing models
- the development of tools that use models to make business decisions
- searching for, integrating, and operationalising new data (both internal and external)
- discovery of new business problems that can be solved through the use of data science.
You will also be responsible for assisting in the recruitment, selection, mentoring and development of junior data scientists, informing the strategy of D3 and managing highly complex projects.
Data, Discovery & Decision Science @ Allstate
The Data, Discovery & Decision Science (D3) department uses techniques across many disciplines including mathematics/statistics, computer programming, data engineering and ETL, software development, and high-performance computing. This knowledge, coupled with traditional business expertise, drives the goal of extracting meaning from data to optimise future business decisions.
D3 are responsible for aligning with and contributing to corporate objectives by identifying and developing growth and profitability opportunities that will enable Allstate to generate profitable market share growth. The team is accountable for using data to make decisions, which includes researching and applying cutting-edge machine learning techniques to enable Allstate to make better decisions to achieve its goals. The position requires analytic agility, the ability to quickly learn new modelling/machine learning concepts and solution implementation for optimisation of the business.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Development and evolution of product roadmaps for each of the four key work streams mentioned above with consideration for the long-term operational stability.
- Utilises effective project planning techniques to break down highly complex projects into tasks, manages scope of projects, and ensures deadlines are met
- Manages data and data requests to improve the accuracy of our solutions
- Identifies languages and tools that can bring efficiencies or needed techniques to the team
- Leads work on data and problems across departments to drive improved business results through designing, building, and partnering to implement models
- Collaborates and influences outside business units in order to improve the effectiveness of decisions
- Effectively understands the business problems and requirements to identify the optimal approach
- Communicates findings to ensure models are well understood and incorporated into business processes
- Works with stakeholders to ensure the project will meet their needs
- Reviews, evaluates, and makes recommendations on appropriateness of techniques to senior leadership
- Trains, develops, and teaches junior team members
- Encourages a collaborative work environment
- 3+ years’ managing a highly technical team
- 1+ years’ exposure to Data Science or advanced data analytics and statistical methods
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
- Advanced Quantitative Degree (Master’s/PhD etc.)
- Experience working in Marketing Analytics
- Experience in presenting to Senior Leadership and driving marketing strategy
- Experience managing a team spread across multiple time zones
Closing Date: Friday 23rd November 2018
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.