Honeycomb is delighted to partner with a local NI leading debt | recovery | services firm, with the recruitment of a Compliance | Officer| for their expanding operation within Northern Ireland and UK.
This is a full time | permanent | Office with Hybrid working position.
A unique and innovative debt management service providing solutions to clients through outstanding customer service, reliability and compliance.
This company is growing rapidly and expanding their workforce within the North West to support their clients across Ireland and the UK ranging from banks, utilities, retailers and debt purchasers.
As an experienced Compliance officer , reporting to the Director's; you will be based in the NI office in Derry/Londonderry. The Compliance Officer will be responsible for supporting the company in all Compliance, Quality Assurance and conduct activities for all work streams, focusing primarily on operational Compliance matters. This will involve devising processes for Compliance and Conduct Risk management framework and ensuring our operational practices meet the requirements of the regulator and core company values.
The successful candidate should have experience within the consumer credit industry, preferably within a consumer debt recovery, banking and finance and have experience in dealing with operational compliance matters throughout the full customer journey.
We are looking for self-motivated individuals who are keen to learn, develop, and succeed as a team.
- Assist with the development and review of operational policies, processes behaviour to ensure they remain within regulatory requirements;
- Assist with ISO and clients audits;
- Identify potential areas of conduct risk, understand relevant rules and guidance, be able to translate rules and guidance into compliant business practices;
- Develop robust programs to document, monitor, and report on compliance issues and outcomes;
- Act as the voice of the customer from a TCF perspective ensuring all employees are aware of their responsibilities and achieving positive outcomes for our customers, highlighting any area that needs development or improvement and challenging and influencing all levels of management where appropriate;
- Perform detailed gap analysis of both new and existing regulatory requirements/guidance;
- Support the marketing strategy through provision of guidance and sign-off;
- Act as a point of sign off for operational compliance matters as part of change management process.
Experience in a Compliance role in an FCA regulated Consumer Finance sector.
- A proven ability to interpret regulatory requirements and communicate them to operational teams in an understandable and digestible manner.
- Extremely self-motivated and able to operate independently and influence key stakeholders in a cross-functional and matrix style team environment.
- Experience of driving and implementing business change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skills -Consumer Lending, FCA Complaints Handling, Systems and Controls (drafting policies and procedures), AML and Financial Crime, GDPR & Data Protection
Experience working within the compliance function of a consumer finance organisation.
- Experience in the review and audit of operational business processes.
Office based during on boarding into the business, with the option of home working (WFH) 2-3 days per week thereafter.
- Competitive salary - £25,000 - £45,000 dependant on experience
- Competitive Private Medical Insurance Cover 7 benefits
- Continuous professional development and career pathway
To speak in absolute confidence about this opportunity please send an up to date CV via the link provided or contact Rachael Stewart, Professional Services Team at Honeycomb 028 9620 7050
If you have a disability which means you require assistance at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact us directly to discuss.
Honeycomb is permitted to providing equality of opportunity to all.
** Please note, we are receiving an exceptionally high number of applications and present and will be unable to shortlist candidates who are not meeting the specific requirements for this role. Due to the high volume of applications, we may be unable to provide individual feedback. We thank you in advance for your understanding. **
Even if this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit Honeycomb to view a wide selection of our current jobs www.honeycomb.jobs
Experience: 0 yrs