Our client based in Co Down, is a recognised and trusted name within the N. Ireland food manufacturing sector. Due to ambitious growth plans, the company now wish to appoint a dynamic Managing Director to lead the senior team in delivering the agreed growth strategy.
Reporting to the Chairman, the Managing Director will have overall responsibility for the day to day management of this highly automated food processing company.
- Achieve sales & operating profit objectives and continually review operational activities to improve efficiency and service levels
- Build & implement an effective business strategy
- Drive sales & build long-term customer relationships
- Develop the product range consistent with servicing the needs of customers/market trends
- Improve profitability and exploit margin enhancement opportunities
- Manage and motivate staff across the various functions and provide effective leadership and direction
- In conjunction with line management, ensure that the highest possible levels of customer service are achieved for customers
- Support the development of marketing/NPD initiatives designed to increase sales
- Ensure the company complies fully with all relevant operational and administration procedures, including staff training and development, health & safety and commercial aspects of the business
- The successful applicant must have relevant and recent managerial experience gained within the food industry (manufacturing / distribution sectors) – at least 5 years’ senior management experience in a similar role
- Experience gained in a commercial sales environment with strong IT and commercial reporting skills is essential
- You will have a high level of commercial and operational awareness and the interpersonal skills necessary to allow you to positively lead a team and develop the business
- This challenging position will be suitable only to resilient candidates with a hands-on, ‘can-do’ attitude, flexible approach and ability to multitask.
This is a key and senior appointment with an attractive remuneration package which includes the potential for the right candidate to secure equity.
To find out more, please forward a comprehensive CV in confidence through the link here including your remuneration expectations. Alternatively contact Pat O’Kane on 07768 262758 / Conor MacNamara 07968 160122 or 028 3025 2407 for more information and confidential discussion. We are an agency acting for this employer based in Co. Down.