Kennedy Recruitment are currently working in connection with their Public Sector Client to recruit a APD Project Manager to be based in Derry/Londonderry. Full-time, temporary position, consisting of 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm. The post will require an immediate start and is expected to last until mid-October 2018.
The post holder will be required to assist the Senior Project Manager to design, manage and co-ordinate Major Adaptations delivery in line with the Occupational Therapists recommendations and assist the Senior Project Manager in the strategic delivery of an effective regional based Major Adaptations design and delivery.
Main duties include:
* Carry out whole house surveys, including drainage and site levels to facilitate the construction of Major Adaptations to the specification set out by the Occupational Therapist
* Develop the required documentation for any statutory approvals in the development of Major Adaptations
* Ensure Major Adaptations are delivered in accordance with the policies and procedures and develop these further on an on-going basis to ensure that legislation and good practice are met
* Leading on project management of major adaptations construction within agreed timeframes, quality and budget targets with minimum supervision
* Brief consultants and contractors, negotiate appointments and ensure that the Major Adaptation is delivered on time and within budget
* Provide regular progress reports on the performance of projects to the Senior Project Manager
* Assist in the review and audit procedure of projects, including assisting and providing information where necessary
* A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant Building / Construction / Technical Discipline plus 2 years' relevant experience Or A relevant BTEC Higher Cert/Diploma or qualification of an equivalent academic level plus 3 years' relevant experience in Building / Construction / Technical Discipline
* For the purpose of shortlisting, candidates must demonstrate their relevant experience in at least five of the following areas:
" Development of Major Adaptations in line with Occupational Therapists recommendations, including the provision of whole house surveys, drainage and site levels to facilitate Occupational Therapist specification
" Providing detailed plans for relevant statutory applications, and the development of drawings for onsite use
" Experience of using AutoCad or other drawing packages in the development of full working drawings
" Responsibility for designated budgets and ensuring proper financial controls are in place and that staff comply accordingly with planned delivery contracts
" Producing, recording and monitoring performance reports to ensure Key Performance Indicators are achieved
" Working knowledge of NEC 3 Suite of Contracts
" Ensure that projects are properly managed and delivered in accordance with the Contract, policies and procedures, agreed targets, standards and procedures
" Working in a governance controlled environment where you have provided assurance to your organisation
A Basic Access NI check at a cost of £26 will be required before commencement of this position.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be prohibitive in obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.