IT Program Manager
VANRATH are happy to be working a large established global manufacturing company that is currently going through and exciting period of transformation and as such are in the market to recruit several new roles to grow the IT division. The most critical role will be the IT Program Manager which will report directly to the IT Director and manage a team of 6 including the development and PM team function.
The management of the IT project portfolio, solutions design and solutions development that will focus on applications / infrastructure (Erp focus).
Duties / Accountabilities:
- Establish and maintain the IT project portfolio by actively participating in project selection, prioritization and initiation decisions ensuring that projects are aligned with business and IT strategies.
- Manage the execution and delivery of the IT project portfolio to agreed timescales and budgets with project stakeholders through the IT steering group.
- Measure program and project execution against specified criteria and appropriately report to IT and business leadership.
- Proactively identify and manage program risks and issues and any escalated project risks and issues.
- Ensure appropriate program and project management standards, methodologies and governance practices are identified, developed, implemented and followed.
- Establish and maintain the enterprise architecture supporting business operations (business process framework; data model; systems portfolio; technical architecture).
- Establish and maintain the solutions development standards and capabilities supporting business operations (development standards, technologies and skills).
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related subject(s) and / or 3-5 years working in a similar role.
- Experience working with a robust program or project management methodology (e.g. PRINCE2 or equivalent)
- Experience managing large-scale IT programs or portfolios of medium sized projects.
- Experience developing and influencing relationships with internal and external customers / suppliers / partners at senior management level.
- Strong planning, communication and presentation skills and proficient in project quality management.
- Good MS-Office (Word / Excel / Project) and MS-Sharepoint proficiency.
- Program or Project Management Certified (e.g. PRINCE2 / PMI or equivalent).
Benefits: Free Life Assurance, Paid Holidays, On-site Parking, Pension Scheme, Canteen Facilities, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Car Insurance, Perks Scheme
The salary offered will be tailored to attract the very best in the market.
For further information on this role or any other, please contact Declan Fitzmaurice in the strictest confidence on 02890 330250 or apply via the link on this page.
Experience: 0 yrs