Temporary HR Advisor is required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Starting ASAP potentially for 6 months with possible extension.
Monday-Friday = 37 hours per week
Duties will include:
- Participate in the review of policies, practices and procedures
- As part of the team develop and implement policy change
- Work with others in the team to formulate tool kits and instructional handbooks for line managers as HR support documentation
- Communicate with Trade Unions on a regular basis on a variety of issues including sickness absence cases, disciplinaries, grievances and policy reviews.
- Support HR Managers in the communication and implementation of policy change
- Keep up to date with changes to employment legislation and best practice
- Support HR Managers with external and internal recruitment competitions within the Directorate and ensure recruitment activities are co-ordinated across the organisation
- Support managers and directors to develop training and development plans and strategies
- Graduate Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
- 2 years experience working within an HR department at an advisory level. This experience must include:
- Providing advice and support to staff and management on terms and conditions of employment and HR policies and procedures
- Providing support and/or guidance at all stages through a disciplinary, grievance
- Recruitment and Selection
- Performance Management
- Providing support and or guidance through the absence management process.
**PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS ROLE IS FRIDAY 23RD JUNE AT 5PM**
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Clearance at the cost of £26. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs