Vacancy Reference - 16815
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 1 Catering Assistant to be based in Newry. This is a full time role, 36 hours per week.
The following duties will be required -
* General kitchen duties including washing up, setting up and clearing away, secure storage of equipment and cleaning of the kitchen and food service areas
* Basic preparation and cooking of food and beverages
* Organising and controlling of food service points
* Operate till and deal with all monies according to College cash handling procedures
* Maintain the health, hygiene, safety and security of the work environment
* Prepare and set up work areas on a daily basis
* Deep cleaning of equipment and catering areas
* Provide cover for day or evening functions
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Applicant must be literate and numerate
* Working knowledge of the range of equipment to be used in a catering/kitchen work environment
* Knowledge of food hygiene and health & safety regulations in a catering/kitchen environment
* Formal qualifications which indicate an appropriate level of literacy and/or numeracy
* A minimum of a Level 2 award in Food Safety
* Minimum of one years' experience with in the catering/kitchen environment
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.