Project Manager – Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever-changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
Belfast or Derry/Londonderry
Project Managers are accountable for monitoring all aspects of a program/project, which involves pursuit and/or project delivery including scope, timelines, resources, budget, risks and issues, relationships, and communication. Furthermore, they are accountable for successful program/project delivery on time, within budget, and meet or exceed quality expectations.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Understanding business objectives and how the project will deliver them
- Manage multiple project deliveries from initiation through to deploy and close
- Assess and report health of all projects in an objective manner, maintaining project transparency and accurate status; keeping manager, delivery area and portfolio manager informed
- Proactively identify, resolve, and escalate (as needed) project risks/issues to manager, portfolio manager and delivery area as needed
- Drive achievement of project success factors
- Ability to manage project budget and keep an eye on any variances
- Customize solutions for complex issues typically involving business or enterprise level considerations
- Deliver projects in the assigned budget
- Engage appropriate stakeholders in risk identification and mitigation
- Ability to adapt and respond to changes both inside and outside the projects
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required from time to time
- Successful execution of this role will be achieved by demonstrating the following key skills: -
- Ownership and Commitment - Displays personal accountability for achieving the project business goals and actively promoting PMO and ATSV values
- Judgment – is comfortable making decisions in ambiguous environments and is capable of making effective decisions in stressful situations.
- Learning Agility - Is able to ask the necessary probing questions to obtain information to logically solve most situations
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment. EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.
- Minimum of 4 years recent Project Management experience working within a PMO environment
- A track record of working on projects using recognized methodologies
- Communication and relationship skills; ability to interact with all levels of end users (written, verbal, presentation)
- Sound problem solving skills
- Previous experience of working with MS Project
- Demonstrate knowledge of Agile methodologies
- Relevant project management certification i.e. PRINCE, PMP
- Project Management experienced gained within the IT sector
- Previous experience in delivering IT infrastructure projects
- Previous experience working with 3rd party vendors.
For further information CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON
Closing Date: 12th April 2019
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.