Appointment of Senior HR Business Partner
Guide for Applicants
Appointment of Senior HR Business Partner
Guide for Applicants
Prior to completing a tailored CV, I recommend that applicants familiarise themselves with the contents of this information pack.
The pack includes: -
Section One: About the Company
Section Two: Background
Section Three: Job Description
Section Four: Person Specification
Section Five: Guidance on the Selection Process
Section Six: Terms of Appointment
Section One – About the Company
Born in 2009, Arkk Solutions brought its first iXBRL tax solution to the UK market. With a strong start, Arkk soon expanded in 2010 setting up offices in Dublin. Then over 2014 and 2015, took the CRD IV, AIFMD, Form PF and Solvency II product to market. Continuing the ambitious growth plans, 2016 saw Arkk head to the States, launching our New York office.
Arkk was first to market with a Country by Country Reporting tool to support global firms with their OECD requirements. Arkk’s latest venture sees them building a digital platform, helping address clients responding to the HMRC ‘Making Tax Digital’ initiative. Over the years, Arkk have gained a strong reputation in the industry for providing simple solutions to complex regulations. Arkk has been recognised as one of the fastest growing RegTech firms in the UK, with 37% growth in 2017.
At the 2016 Custody Risk Global awards, Arkk won FinTech company of the year and in 2017 took the prize for HFM Technology’s European Technology award. Arkk are working with 25% of FTSE 250, helping over 700 clients globally to simplify their reporting. Looking ahead, Arkk are hoping to build a cloud platform to prepare finance and leadership teams for a digital future.
Arkk Solutions has grown considerably over the last number of years and has ambitious and exciting plans for future growth and a clear strategic plan to 2020 to achieve those plans.
Section Two – Background
This is a key appointment to the business, as the role holder will be responsible for delivering the complete Human Resource Management (HRM) service across all Arkk locations with specific focus in the Belfast and London offices where the bulk of employees are based. Key elements of the role are to lead and develop a new focus on HR (to include recruitment) to achieve Arkk’s business ambition, to be engaged in the setting and delivery of the strategic HR direction, together with ensuring day-to-day reactive generalist activities are managed in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner.
The role will be based in Belfast, Northern Ireland, however regular travel will be required to London to fulfil the remit of the role.
Section Three – Job Description
Overall Role Objective:
To lead and develop the HR team to achieve Arkk’s business ambition, to be engaged in the setting and delivery of the strategic HR direction, together with ensuring day-to-day reactive generalist activities are managed in a timely, accurate and appropriate manner. Manage end to end recruitment of all roles.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
1. Manage the development, implementation and delivery of a HR strategy to ensure the provision of an effective HR service within Arkk that reflects business needs and is consistent across the organisation.
2. Manage the delivery of a proactive, high quality HRM service within the business partnership framework to ensure the provision of an effective and professional HR service within Arkk.
3. Regularly review (or in some instances will need to create) HR policies and procedures, ensuring they reflect both up-to-date employment law and good practice. Lead on the completion of any such improvements agreed for implementation.
4. Communicate and explain HR strategies, policies and procedures to colleagues ensuring consistency of approach in Arkk.
5. Provide a framework to coach and support line managers to develop and manage their teams in a more proactive and structured way, ensuring objectives are set and performance reviews are carried out.
6. Promote the development and maintenance of the highest standards of professional practice for HR.
7. Lead the management of day to day employee relations issues, such as attendance, grievance, discipline and other performance related matters.
8. Responsible for consultations and negotiations in employee relations matters supported by line manager as appropriate.
9. Lead the development and implementation of the performance management process, with a focus on employee engagement and retention of key talent and succession planning.
10. Lead recruitment and selection activities for Arkk to ensure the appointment of staff in an effective manner and in compliance with relevant legislation and good practice.
11. Responsible for the management of the monthly payroll process, ensuring staff are paid accurately and on time and all statutory deductions are processed on time.
12. Establish a company salary structure and related policies. Review and monitor all pay practices for effectiveness and cost containment. Make recommendations for increases in consultation with the CEO and founder and Senior Management Team, implementing any increases and/or promotions.
13. Responsible for designing and developing a reward structure (share options / bonus incentives) and total reward package including benefits that can support Arkk’s business ambition.
14. Provide direction and advice to the CEO and Founder and Senior Management Team on all HR issues, employment legislation and employee relations matters.
15. Oversee the preparation and maintenance of HR reports as are necessary, including the preparation of periodic reports for the CEO and Founder and Senior Management Team.
16. Regularly review all HR related systems to ensure optimisation of such systems – if these exist?
17. Identify opportunities for improvement for HR in Arkk, leading and managing change effectively.
This job description should not be regarded as conclusive or definitive. It is a guideline within which the individual role holder works. It is not intended to be rigid or inflexible and may alter as Arkk’s strategic direction changes.
Section Four – Person Specification
Applicants must meet the following essential criteria and competencies by the closing date for applications, as a minimum.
1. Educated to degree level or equivalent.
2. Membership of the CIPD, or equivalent experience.
3. A proven track record for successfully working in a senior HR role within a commercial environment.
4. A proven track record of working effectively in a senior HR role both at strategic and operational level in a generalist HR environment.
5. Strong working knowledge of employment law and regulations, with an ability to explain detailed legal information to a wide range of stakeholders.
Manages, motivates and develops people to achieve high performance by agreeing clear expectations, setting realistic challenges and providing constructive feedback.
2. Strategic Thinking
Delivers on strategic goals through the development and implementation of appropriate plans and allocation of resources.
3. Change Management
Ability to develop and deliver improvements to working practices, ensuring that the need for change and the delivery of change is promoted with all levels within the business.
4. Problem Solving
Seeks practical, workable and innovative methods to deliver solutions by using experience and logical methods to make sound decisions which solve difficult problems.
5. Building Relationships
Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships and partnerships with internal stakeholders to fully understand the key business drivers and needs of Arkk Solutions.
A strong communicator, with excellent listening and highly developed interpersonal skills, as well as an empathy and sensitivity to people.
Section Five – Guidance on the Selection Process
Return of Tailored CVs
Applicants must clearly and fully demonstrate on their CV how they meet the requirements of the role. Arkk may decide to interview only those applications who appear, from the information they have provided, to be most suitable in terms of relevant experience and ability. It is essential therefore that applicants fully describe on their CV how they meet the requirements of the role.
Following initial phone call / suitability for role and screening by Kate Donnelly, potential shortlist will then be presented to Arkk Solutions for interview consideration.
Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (required for a NI based recruit)
Arkk Solutions is an Equal Opportunities Employer. The company does not discriminate against job applicants or employees and aim to select the best person for the job. I am required to monitor the community background and sex of the job applicants and employees in order to demonstrate our commitment to promoting equality of opportunity in employment and to comply with our duties under the Fair Employment Regulations (NI) 1999.
Applicants are required to identify two references, one of which should be current employer (if applicable). References will be contacted following the issue of a provisional offer. Applicants should not seek as a referee anyone who is related to them. References must be deemed by Arkk Solutions to be satisfactory for the provisional offer of employment to be confirmed.
After the closing date, the first stage in the selection process will be to conduct a sift of the CVs against the essential criteria. Applicants who have not fully demonstrated on their CV how they meet each of the essential criteria will not be progressed to the next stage of the process.
Candidates successful at the eligibility sift stage will be invited to attend a first round interview, which is likely to be a competency based interview. The panel will assess the extent to which the applicants meet the criteria in the Person Specification. It is expected that first interviews will take place mid – late November 2018.
Successful candidates will then be notified if they progress to a second round interview (if necessary). Relevant instructions will be issued to candidates with the invitation to interview.
Section Six – Terms of Appointment
Bonus: Aligned with company performance
Company Car: No
Annual Leave: 25 days
Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland
Mobility: The post requires travel to London and other Arkk locations to fulfil requirements of the role.
To apply, please send your CV VIA THE APPLY BUTTON