Title: Test Center Associate Manager- Northern Ireland
Think Technology- Think Allstate
We build solutions that touch 16 million customers on a daily basis.
You will work alongside people as passionate as you, focused on delivering the best possible user experiences.
You will work in a highly collaborative environment primed to adapt to an ever changing landscape and which places technology solutions at its core.
You will thrive, you will think differently, you will challenge convention and have the freedom to act with integrity, intention and speed; you will be at the forefront of developing capabilities in support of Allstate’s global business model; you will deliver results and you will leave things better than you found them.
This position is for an Associate Manager in the Allstate Technology & Strategic Ventures Flight Test Center for Claims Technology Services. Associate Manager will oversee a global team of Quality Control Analysts (QCAs) and Test Engineers to deliver software products in a fast paced, multi-methodology technology organization.
Internal to Flight, the role is referred as Test Execution Leader (TEL). TEL is responsible for delivering testing services to meet strategic objectives for the Flight and CTS organizations. TEL is also accountable for professional development of self and members of the test center team to keep pace with technological advancements and required skills.
Responsibilities include (but aren't limited to):
- Work within any methodology (Scrum, XP, Waterfall, etc.) and be an advocate for Flight in those methodologies to deliver software testing services to meet project/product objectives
- Lead, manage and develop global organization team members across all locations
- Capable of effectively managing expenses and team members to ensure budgets stay on plan and optimal utilization of resources
- Ability to identify efficiencies to decrease cost or increase productivity without increasing cost
- Manage work intake and ensure available capacity to deliver testing services
- Ensure team utilization of industry test techniques, tools, and methodology to provide ‘Best in Class’ testing services (e.g. automation opportunities)
- Establish best practices and identify process improvements for optimal agile testing practices and automation implementation
- Create an environment to continuously build discipline expertise across the organization to achieve quality goals and resource portability
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively with staff and leaders at all levels
- Minimum 5 years people and technical leadership or equivalent experience leading an IT development and/or testing team
- Experienced with test management, automation and CI/CD concepts and tools, e.g. Selenium, Java, Automation frameworks, Jira, HPQC, Jenkins, GitHub
- Experienced in utilizing industry best practices for software testing, experience in Waterfall and Agile methodologies, dedicated to increasing automation capabilities for project/product deliveries
- Must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa or Tier 2 visa and eligible to take up full time, permanent employment
Hours of Work:
- Standard hours Mon – Fri;
- Flexibility to meet business needs as required;
- Full time only.
For further details please click on the APPLY BUTTON.
Closing Date: Friday 3rd August 2018
Statement on Fair Employment and Equal Opportunities:
Allstate NI wishes to ensure equal opportunity is given to all job applicants. This company will not discriminate on the grounds of race, gender (including gender reassignment status), sexual orientation, religious belief, political opinion, marital status, age or disability.
Applicants should note Allstate NI complete AccessNI background checks on all candidates offered a position.