Marketing Manager (Maternity Cover)
Reporting to: Head of Commercial Publishing
Department / Section: Marketing
A. ROLE PURPOSE
The Marketing Manager is responsible for successfully marketing our publishing brand portfolio with the aim of driving circulation, audience retention and engagement.
Reporting to the Head of Commercial Publishing, this individual will be responsible for delivering B2C and B2B marketing campaigns which will deliver against circulation, traffic and commercial targets set across the Belfast Telegraph and Sunday Life brands and sub-brands.
This will be a 15 month maternity cover post commencing in July/August 2019 and concluding in September 2020.
B. ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES (Overview)
- Create content initiatives and customer engagement opportunities which will successfully grow circulation, traffic and registrations across our brands.
- Plan, budget, book and manage cross-platform campaigns.
- Originate creative concepts for campaigns, working closely with in-house designer to deliver.
- Brief agency partners on projects in order to effectively deliver creative and media solutions.
- Manage annual marketing budgets across multiple brands in order to deliver against targets.
- Evaluate projects and their effectiveness, communicating effectively with both internal and external stakeholders about the planning, progress and results of activity.
- Use network of contacts to create beneficial partnerships.
- Work closely with the Insights team to generate and disseminate audience insights from secondary sources, e.g. TGI, Google Analytics, etc.
- Manage primary research projects into our audiences, platforms, ad effectiveness and clients’ brands, from conception to completion.
- Managing the entry mechanism, ticket sales and marketing of our portfolio of B2B and B2C events, adhering to GDPR best practice.
- Supporting the commercial function of the business by creating compelling sales decks/media packs, contributing ideas to pitches, providing attention-grabbing merchandise.
- Managing B2B communications, for example, client engagement initiatives and updates to trade website.
- Additional duties as determined by management.
C. EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
(Minimum Experience & Essential Knowledge)
- 4+ years of experience in a Media / Marketing environment, developing and delivering impactful, effective and results-driven marketing communication strategies for B2B and B2C audiences.
- Proven experience in managing multiple campaigns simultaneously, meeting short deadlines, adhering to budgets and managing multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- 3rd level degree in a related discipline.
Technical & Non technical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills .
- Keen negotiator.
- Experience in planning and booking cross-platform advertising campaigns.
- Experience in working with marcom .
- Experience in carrying out and evaluating campaigns across social media platforms.
- Experience of email marketing and evaluating results.
- Excellent organisational skills, with an eye for detail and the ability to multitask against tight deadlines.
- Experience in conducting primary market research.
- Ability to interpret research data from various qualitative and quantitative sources.
- Working knowledge of GDPR and implications of failure to comply.
- Ability to update Wordpress website templates.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience in managing promotional activity.
- Strong network of industry contacts.
- Creative flair
- Results oriented
- Strategic thinker
- Analytical thinker
- Ability to conceptualise
- Planning & organising
- Detail oriented
- Customer and market focused
- Effective collaborator
For further information and to apply online, CLICK APPLY FOR THIS JOB