Our client is one of Ireland’s leading equipment rental companies. They have won numerous awards for quality, service and customer care. As part of their continued growth they now wish to recruit a Fleet Asset Manager. This senior position will report to the Group Operations Director, working closely with him to lead and motivate a strong team.
Fleet Asset Manager – Director Designate
The Role if brief (full job spec available on request):
- Responsibility for the largest operational division within the company, managing 4 workshops across various locations through 2 service managers, purchasing and stores department and a team of supervisors.
- Assume budgetary control for the maintenance and upkeep of all assets
- Establish KPIs and productivity measures to ensure efficiency, develop a continuous improvement culture
- Review existing and future service capacity requirements against current resource and take action to ensure forecasted activity levels are catered for
- Ensure stocks of spare parts and consumables are appropriate for requirements
- Ensure all Customer breakdowns are treated with urgency, with clear communication to ensure Customers internally and externally are kept fully informed of progress
- Ensure maximum availability of all hire fleet
- Prioritise servicing categories of fleet according to demand
- Oversee recruitment and management of the stores and service teams, ensuring inductions and effective training is delivered, carry out performance reviews
- Ensure all documented Service department procedures are followed and all documentation is accurately completed and filed
- Ensure customers are provided with accurate costings for repair work and damage repairs
- Manage health and safety across the workshops and stores
- Strong academic background ideally with a third level qualification and at least 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in a fast-paced commercial environment
- Experienced in managing people within an engineering, manufacturing or service environment
- Experience implementing Continuous Improvement measures
- Team player with a hands-on attitude
- Strong IT skills including all Microsoft packages
- Full driving license
Please submit a comprehensive CV which should clearly demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria, including your remuneration expectations through the link here. You may call, in strict confidence, 048 3025 2407, Pat O’Kane 00 44 (0)7768 262758 for more information and a full Job Description.
Experience: 4-5 yrs