Our client is a global food business with a multi-million pound turnover, and are now recruiting a Fermentation Technician to join their laboratory in Co Monaghan.
Reporting to the Fermentation Lead, the Fermentation Technician is a key role that supports microbial fermentation production.
- Day-to-day operation of bench-scale bioreactors, incl. basic operations like preparation and sterilisation of bioreactors, maintenance and calibration of probes and pumps.
- Collecting/interpreting data generated from the fermentations including viable cell counts.
- Harvesting and downstream processing of fermentation samples for use in field trials.
- Disassemble and clean of bioreactors at end of runs.
- Preparation of media and stock solutions, master- and working-cell-banks
- Input laboratory data (online, offline and other analytical data) into data management system and summarising data in spreadsheets.
- Actively communicate and productively and collaboratively interact within and between teams.
- Maintain laboratory documentation in accordance to required scientific, regulatory and intellectual property requirements.
- Coordination of maintenance and repair, as needed.
- Environmental monitoring within the laboratory
- Maintain a clean working environment within the laboratory
- Follow SOPs and safety protocols
- Level 5 qualification in a science related discipline with previous laboratory experience to include experience in basic techniques related to sterile technique.
- Excellent IT skills including databases, excel, word and statistical packages.
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- A team player.
- Attention to detail and ability to work with a sense of urgency
Salary is competitive depending upon experience and will be discussed upon application. This is an excellent opportunity to gain experience within a forward thinking, innovative organisation.
For further information or a confidential discussion please call us on +44 2890 826044 or email your CV through the link.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.