Based in Co. Armagh, our client is a leading and well established producer of high quality value added food products to the UK & Ireland ‘multiple’ retail trade. Due to continued success they have a requirement for a Senior Food New Product Development (NPD) Manager.
Senior Product Development Manager
The Role in brief (a full specification is available on request):
You will lead the New Product Development Team and will be responsible for the successful development & control of all new and existing products across a wide portfolio. You will manage a state of the art and well-resourced development kitchen and will be at the leading edge of product innovation and development.
The ideal candidate (please call for full details):
- Third level qualification in a relevant subject area (food science, technology etc.)
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in food NPD
- Experience working in partnership with the major multiples and credibility in delivering innovative products
- Sound understanding of the NPD process from concept through sourcing, factory trials and launch
- Experience managing a small team
- Working knowledge of BRC and HACCP
- Passion for food and creative flair is essential
- Good working knowledge of food products and their technical discipline
- Current knowledge of what is happening across the food industry - in retail, manufacturing, restaurants, foodservice and within home cooking
- Strong project management ability
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both interpersonal and written
- Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- Computer literate, numerate and with a strong attention to detail
- Full driving licence, willingness to travel to customer sites
A competitive salary is available together with an opportunity to join a progressive, people centred employer. To find out more, please submit a comprehensive CV, including your remuneration expectations through the link here. You may also call Conor MacNamara in confidence, on 07968 160122 or Pat O’Kane on 07768 262758 / 028 3025 2407, for further information.