- To maintain and develop management systems including the management of internal audits
- To complete daily, weekly and monthly checks as required by the internal management systems. To review and retain the necessary documents to support the internal management system.
- To liaise with key customers to ensure that the required standards are maintained.
- To provide technical support/advice to colleagues to ensure we continually improve our technical performance in a proactive way.
- To review customer satisfaction queries.
- To monitor and improve finished product quality through visual product standards and daily comparison and scoring of product
- To maintain product specifications.
- To report any quality, environmental, or safety issues to the Operations Director.
- Ensure legal compliance in relation to weights and measures
- To manage/facilitate quality, environmental and H &S continuous improvement programmes.
- Health and safety risk assessments
- To manage a product testing regime as required.
- To manage the pest control and water testing contracts.
- To manage the supplier base from a system perspective and to complete third party site audits as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Third Level qualification in food science/technology
- Ideally 2 years or more experience within a food manufacturing environment in a technical role
- Knowledge of food safety legislation and BRC management system
- Must be able to complete daily records
- Must be numerate and have the ability to analyse data/information and provide an executive summary.
- Internal auditor training in EMS BRC and H &S would be desirable
- Knowledge of ISO14001, IS045001, and TFMS would be desirable
- IT Literate use of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Able to communicate effectively internally and externally in a constructive way
- Flexible attitude
- An eye for detail
- Good team player.
- Ability to motivate within the operations team.
- Excellent communication and management skills
This successful candidate will be responsible for technical performance on a daily basis, to the highest standard. This role is Monday to Thursday 8.00am-5.00pm and 8.00am -2.45pm on Friday.
Salary will be dependant on experience and skills.
To apply please submit your CV or call Grainne on 02890720123
Experience: 0 yrs