Reporting to the Head of Technical & R&D, you will assume responsibility for the management of the technical relationship with the allocated customers, to continue to build upon the effective relationships already in place by providing an effective and efficient technical service to them.
The role in brief (full specification available on request):
- Develop close working relationships with our customers technical teams, and ensure that adequate support is given to them by you, your teams and the wider technical teams
- Reporting the technical performance of the customers, both internally and externally and ensuring relevant internal personnel are fully aware of the technical status and issues which require their input to improve.
- Provision of technical guidance, training and support to other departments, developing awareness of technical issues relating to our customers.
- Working with customers during visits and audits to providing information required and implementing corrective actions where necessary and proving formal responses.
- Ensuring all complaints are dealt with correctly and efficiently in a timely manner. Identify adverse trends quickly and ensure robust corrective action plans are put in place and acted upon to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Driving a Continuous Improvement culture with regards to product and process improvements.
- Manage the technical aspects of New product Development and Product Launch Processes to the satisfaction of our customers.
- Support Innovation and R&D projects related to the customer.
- Manage and develop the finished product specifications and raw material specifications team.
- Ensure reporting systems are in place with regards to the measurement and trending of product quality.
- Develop technical strategy and ways of working with each nominated customer.
- Contribute effectively to the delivering of the technical strategy across the sites
- Deputise for other roles in the department as required to meet business needs.
- Third level qualification in Food Technology or relevant discipline
- Previous experience in a Technical Management position within fresh chilled and added value food production, previous red meat experience would be desirable.
- Proven experience of working closely with multiple major retailers and supermarkets.
- In depth technical knowledge across a range of areas including - BRC, HACCP, Policies/Codes of Practice for key customers, Food Legislation, animal welfare and Food Hygiene standards.
Please submit a comprehensive CV which should clearly demonstrate how you meet the selection criteria, including your remuneration expectations through the link here. You can call Greg Quinn in confidence on (028) 3025 2407 or on 07900 361608 for more information.