Production Job: Production Team Leader: Our client based in Armagh require a number of Production Team Leaders for their busy FMCG Production site. The successful Production Team Leaders will lead and engage a team of Production Operatives to achieve business KPIs.
Our client is a globally recognised Food Manufacturer. With three sites in Northern Ireland, this company has grown year on year to become one of Northern Ireland’s largest employers. Practising employee development and progression while promoting from within has created career longevity and great possibility for promotion.
The Production Team Leaders will have full accountability for leading and delivering business KPIs and goals within their area of responsibility. These responsibilities include financial, staffing, organisation and planning. Duties will include (but not be limited to):
· Ensure that all staff under your responsibility have a clear understanding of Health and Safety policies and procedures, insuring all hazardous substances are handles with care, all machinery is operated in the proper manner, that all PPE is worn at all times and that any defects are reported to the shift manager and the maintenance team immediately.
· Arrive early to complete a walk of the line to ensure all equipment is in perfect working order before the start of the shift and complete a detailed in-depth handover with previous shift Operation Team Leader
· Ensure that the correct level of operators are on the line at all times, that the correct choice of materials are used for each product in line with Quality Specifications, reduce the level of 2nd choice materials being used and completing documentation for any non-conformances.
· Be present at product changeovers to ensure target times are achieved, that the line is clear of previous product and that production operatives are utilised on other lines at change over or sent on a break.
· Promote continuous improvement methods at all time to reduce waste, cost, downtime and strive to achieve zero accidents in the work place
· A more detailed job description can be provided upon applying.
· Minimum 2 years previous experience supervising or managing a team in a manufacturing/Production setting OR experience in a supervisory role (Charge Hand/Team Leader)
· Excellent Microsoft Office experience to include Excel, Microsoft Word and Outlook
· Display excellent communication skills across all levels to include speaking with Stock Holders, Senior Management, Visitors to site and Production Operatives
· HACCAP Qualification
· Food Safety Certificate
· Health & Safety Qualification
· Two years previous experience working in a FMCG (food) Manufacturing environment.
Hours of Work: Days and rotating weekends or Evening Shift 4pm to 12pm.
Benefits: Excellent salary available for the right candidate, depending on experience plus company benefits.
Does this sound like the challenge you have been looking for? Do you have the skills and experience required to excel in this position? Then please forward your CV ensuring it demonstrates how you meet the essential criteria.
Mairead McConnell, Brightwater Recruitment Specialists
T: 02890 325 325