Vacancy Reference: 18782 - 1401 x 3
We are currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor the Belfast area x 3. This will be a full-time temporary role, Monday to Friday consisting of 37 hours per week, with an hourly rate of £13.72. This vacancy is expected to last for 3 months.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare or assist in the development of specifications, drawings, bills of quantities and schedule of rates to enable the invitation of tenders and quotations. Work in conjunction with the NIHE’s procurement team for the delivery of pilot schemes and to ensure that suitable contracts are in place for the delivery of the Region’s Programme. Additionally, suitable knowledge of appropriate quantity surveying software packages is required
- Provide support on the correct interpretation of contract terms and conditions, ensuring that NIHE's commercial risk is effectively managed, payments made reflect NIHE's obligations under the contract, advising on contract strategies required to reduce risk and improve performance
- Ensure the affordable delivery of the investment programme, the effective management and monitoring of budgets in respect of your function including undertaking regular benchmark reviews, forecasting, cash-flow projections and monitoring
- Receive tenders and quotations, evaluate prices, check documents and prepare agreements and contracts. Effectively administer NIHE's contracts to ensure that they deliver maximum value for money ensuring risk to NIHE is minimised, and a collaborative approach to delivery is established with NIHE's Contractors
- Assist with the regular dialogue between contractors and consultants to ensure effective progress of work. Raise appropriate certificates and instructions for issue to contractor/consultant
Candidates must meet one of the following requirements:
- a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent 3rd level qualification in Quantity Surveying or a related discipline plus at least 2 years’ relevant post qualification experience Or a BTEC Higher or equivalent qualification in a construction related discipline plus at least 3 years’ relevant post qualification experience Or Exceptionally, 5 years’ working experience in a construction related discipline
- Relevant experience must include demonstrable knowledge of building construction, standard methods of measurement, bill of quantities software packages such as CATO and use of software packages such as Microsoft Office
For the purposes of short listing, candidates must demonstrate their relevant experience, for the number of years required depending on their level of qualification, in at least seven of the following areas specified below:
- Demonstrable commercial knowledge in the planning and delivery of investment programmes
- Experience of construction contracts and their effective administration, commercial understanding of value for money drivers in construction
- Responsibility for designated budgets and ensuring proper financial controls are in place
- The collection, analysis and reporting of performance monitoring statistics detailing performance, quality and cost data and related information if required, inclusive of benchmarking
- Producing, recording and monitoring performance reports to ensure Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- The provision of technical advice and guidance on planned maintenance and contract related matters to a range of stakeholders
- Implementation of policies, processes and procedures for compliance. Additionally, monitoring and undertaking corrective action of implemented polices, processes and procedures. Ensuring compliance with standing orders at all times
- Working knowledge of NEC 3 Suite of Contract
- Ensure that projects are properly managed and delivered in line with the agreed targets, standards and procedures
- Experience in identifying risks, helping maintain a risk register and mitigating risk
- Vehicle access
This role provides an exciting opportunity to join an industry leading business, committed to ensuring that their customers receive a first class level of service and offering genuine opportunities for career progression.
For more information on this role or any other vacancy please call us on 028 90330 555
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.
Candidates will be required to obtain a Basic Access NI check at a cost of £18.00.
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.