Job Title: Factory Manager
Salary: £35-40,000 + Benefits
Our client is a leading waste collection and recycling organisation. Due to their continued growth, they are now seeking an experienced Factory Manager.
- Fantastic opportunity to manage a recycling production facility.
- Responsible for all Factory activity including plant operations, organisation of maintenance, administration, personnel matters and local relations.
- Delivering exceptionally high standards of Health & Safety across the site 24/7.
- Ensure the site operates at capacity, within budget, and to optimise production in an economical, safe and reliable way.
- Planning and managing the processing of all incoming materials and monitoring quality control.
- Maximising operating efficiency and margins with Factory P&L responsibility.
- Reporting, analysing and addressing variances (weekly / monthly KPI'S ).
- Managing and supporting contractors.
- Maintaining safe systems of work, good Factory appearance, risk assessment of safety, health and the environment.
- Maintaining adequate records and liaising as required with EA and HSE (Regulators).
- Adhering to the Factory Environmental Permits and Planning conditions.
- Managing communications and building relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Performance management, recruiting and training of a team.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Managing and motivating your team.
- Planning and organising work activities.
- Ensuring that the Factory operates efficiently and safely and that the machinery and equipment are maintained to the required standards.
- You MUST have an excellent understanding of all Legislation associated with Waste Management and ensure full compliance and enforce and implement on an on-going basis.
- Help to ensure the Factory operates in line with the Company’s environmental permit.
- Identifying opportunities to improve working methods and contributing to the development of H&S, quality, and environmental management systems.
- You will deliver a motivated and engaged workforce and an effective service, managing all resources and staff at your disposal, working within the terms of the service levels agreements.
- You will be responsible for 60+ staff.
- A team player and strong communicator.
- You will have a strong commercial understanding of the Waste Management industry or related sectors and have evidence of overachieving budgets and KPI’s.
- You MUST be committed to inspiring and enforcing a positive Health and Safety ethic within the team, ensuring the correct resources for a safe working environment are made available. IOSH & NEBOSH are desirable.
- To be considered for the role it would be desirable if you had a COTC covering transfer (haz) or treatment (MRF/bio/general), alongside being IOSH certificated. NEBOSH would also be desirable but not essential.
- Substantial line management experience is also required. Sound knowledge of the following are also required; waste treatment processes and the wider industry, relevant environmental legislative governance, robust financial and operating efficiency, management controls and working to complex contractual arrangements.
- Experience of working within waste treatment industry in complex facilities is obviously desired however past experience in a heavy industry / process lead environment would be considered. This could include prior knowledge in Transfer Station, Construction, C&D waste, MRF (Material Recovery Facility), Hazardous Waste Treatment, Wood Shredding Site, In-Vessel Composting, EFW, Demolition, HWRC, WEEE, Resource Recovery, Recycling, Demolition, Aggregates, etc.
- You MUST be committed to inspiring and enforcing a positive Health and Safety ethic within the team. (IOSH, NEBOSH or other H&S training a real benefit)
- Experience with capital plant equipment and relevant tickets desirable but not essential
Holidays and Working Hours:
- 29 days Holiday per annum in total. There is fixed closures on Christmas Day, New Year's Day. We currently operate a 3 Shift Patterns, however subject to change to enable continued service delivery of our clients 24/7 operations; a degree of flexibility is required.
- Generous base salary plus KPI / Target Bonus. Our client operates a standard pension scheme and contributions in line with government requirements.
Prospects for personal development are excellent; the Company is committed to providing ongoing support and funding towards training and qualifications as necessary to enable staff to develop their potential within the business.
Our client is a growing, forward-thinking waste management company. They operate throughout Ireland and have an excellent reputation with their customers and partners for the quality of their service and expertise in maximising recycling rates and minimising waste management costs.
Contact: Bernadette Hendron should you wish to explore this new and exciting role – 07970 875 039