Vacancy Reference - 17588
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Regional Construction Health & Safety Coordinator to be based in Ballymena. On occasion, the successful candidate may also be required to work from, or attend, other NIHE locations throughout the province to meet the needs of the service. This is a full time role temporary ongoing position, Monday to Friday 09:00 - 17:00 at a rate of £13.72 per hour The following duties will be required -
* Responsible to the Health & Safety Manager / Assistant Health & Safety Manager (Construction) for the delivery of a comprehensive Health & Safety service including the provision of professional advice, guidance and support to senior / line management and staff in relation to the control of contractors and construction activities.
* To fulfil the role of a Competent Person as required by the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2000 in relation to the control of contractors and construction activities within their specified region.
* Advising and assisting Project Managers to fulfil their role and responsibilities as the Client on behalf of the Northern Ireland Housing Executive under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2016 (CDM(NI) 2016) so as to ensure construction work activities are carried out, so far as is reasonable practical, without risks to Health & Safety.
* Ensuring the collation and provision of pre-construction information to internal and external contractors in a timely manner, including information relating to hazards on site or in close proximity to the site where the work is to be carried out, to enable the provision of Health & Safety Information, Health & Safety Files, and Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans for all planned maintenance schemes within their region.
* Checking and approving, where appropriate, the Contractor's / Principle Contractor's Construction Phase Health & Safety Plans and Site Waste Management Plans in consultation with the Project Manager for the works /scheme.
* To provide a focal point for construction related Health & Safety enquiries, internal / external contractor related accident / incident reporting and monitor, record and action such in accordance with NIHE procedures and carry out detailed accident / incident investigations as directed by the Regional Programme Delivery Manager including participating in a callout rota providing an immediate response to emergency situations e.g. serious incidents, accidents or dangerous occurrences.
* To undertake such other relevant duties commensurate with the nature and the post as may from time to time be required to meet the needs of the service.