Goods in Materials Handler
Overall Responsibilities: To manage all incoming goods (packaging & ingredients) in accordance with Goods In, Traceability & Stock Rotation Procedures, ensuring compliance with BRC Standards. Monitoring of food safety critical control point at sieving.
Department: Goods In
Accountability: Stock Room/Debagging Room
You Report To: Stock Controller
Cover When Absent: Appropriately trained and appointed colleague.
Day To Day Activities: -
1. Process all ingredients through the Debag & Sieving Procedure (as part of Critical Control Point 1) under the HACCP procedures, incorporating it into the Stevens System.
2. All ingredients to be processed through the positive release procedure using the Stevens Recipe & Weigh System to give us control of traceability, stocks & re-ordering.
3. The Materials Handler will ensure that obsolete stock is withdrawn from the stock terminal on the Stevens System. This ensures the bakers are using stock with current lot numbers. Any negative values should always be reported to the Stock Controller.
4. The Debag Room is to be kept to a high standard of housekeeping at all times. It is the responsibility of the Materials Handler to maintain the room throughout the day. This is extremely important given the nature of the work carried out in this area.
5. The Materials Handler will ensure the provision of stock for the bakery is in place before the next Bakery Shift starts. This stock list can be obtained from the Stevens System.
6. Waste disposal of packaging and foods from Debag in Goods In.
7. Yard duties as and when required.
8. To ensure safe working practices are adopted at all times in accordance with Safety, Health and Environmental policies, procedures and legislation.
9. To ensure the hygiene of your working areas meets the sites hygiene standards at all times.
10. To correctly co-ordinate the transfer within the manufacturing process all materials, and to ensure traceability procedures are followed at all times, 100% compliance with the Stevens System.
11. Assure product quality through process control and faults prevention
12. Accurately and timely complete all required documentation to enable clear traceability.
13. To communicate and update all relevant parties of any issues or changes.
14. To monitor and action all waste control initiatives.
15. To manage, coach, and develop all direct reports.
16. To conduct job rotation to reduce health and safety risks and to multi skill team.
17. To ensure 100% completion of daily rituals.
18. To attend taste panels when required.
19. To support the Improvement Programmes in place.
20. To encourage colleagues to participate and drive continuous improvement in their area.
21. To meet daily Key Performance Indicators on a consistent basis.
22. Any other duties within the post holder’s competence as requested by the Manager.
Commitment: Belief in own job or role and its value to the organisation, makes extra effort for the Company, though it may not be in own self-interest.
Communication Skills: Effectiveness of both oral and written information in individual or group situations.
Decisiveness: Does not jump to conclusions – seeks a variety of solutions and analyses for best fit whilst able and willing to make decisions.
Delegation: Effective use of subordinates and other resources available. Knowledge of when, how and to whom to delegate. Effective allocation of decision-making and other responsibilities.
Energy: The ability to create and maintain a level of appropriately directed activity, capacity to work hard, drive and stamina.
Initiative: Actively influencing events rather than passively accepting. Seize opportunities when they arise and act on them. Originates action.
Interpersonal Sensitivity: Awareness of other people and environment and own impact on these. Actions indicate a consideration for (but not necessarily sympathy with) the feelings and needs of others.
Leadership: The ability to motivate, manage and influence people so as to achieve group objectives. Constructively critiques performance and seeks improvements.
Management Control: An understanding of the need to maintain controls of their area, people and processes; the discipline required to follow up on tasks initiated
Planning & Organisation: Must be highly effective in planning and organising self and supporting other to plan and organise effectively. Effectiveness in establishing an appropriate course of action either for oneself or others to achieve an objective.
The role holder must consistently adopt a professional and confident approach to their work and when dealing with internal and external customers. They must be self motivated and be an excellent communicator at all levels of the business.
They must be a team player who demonstrates a high level of commitment, adopts a flexible, positive and proactive approach, and able to demonstrate tenacity, and assume accountability for their work.
The role holder must have the ability to work unsupervised with good time management skills in order to meet tight deadlines, have the confidence to challenge information and ensure attention to detail at all times in a fast paced, pressurised and challenging environment.
Skills and Knowledge
- Computer Literacy
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Planning and organising
- Team working
- Numeracy skills
- Experience working in a food manufacturing environment
- Experience with traceability
- Fork lift license
- Demonstrate a good level of written and oral English
- Basic Food Hygiene
- Basic Health & Safety
- Rota will be rotational to include day shifts, night shifts and weekend work
- Must be flexible
For further details and to apply please click the APPLY BUTTON.
Shifts: 6am- 4pm and rotating nightshift. It will include a day at the weekend.
Closing date: 29/06/2017