Your new company
Hays Recruitment are working with one of the leading contractors in Northern Ireland to resource a Resident Engineer for a large civils scheme.
This main contractor has been successfully operating throughout the UK & Ireland for over 50+ years.
They have developed a strong reputation for successfully delivering large scale projects and due to continued success, your new employer has a requirement for a Resident Engineer who is strong on Quality Assurance and can work alongside their client and deliver heavy civils schemes.
Your new role
Based on a large-scale Civils Marine Site, this role will see you carry out the functions of a Resident Engineer on behalf of the main contractor and working alongside client liaisons. Duties will include;
* Assist with implementation and management of the company's Integrated Management System (IMS).
* Audit, monitor and review the IMS to ensure compliance
* Along with the Operations Team ensure the development and implementation of quality plans, inspection and test plans and quality control methods are completed, reviewed and updated.
* Review the Contract, Works Information and Specifications to ensure bespoke aspects of projects are captured within the quality plan and ITP's.
* Ensure non-conformances in products and processes are identified and resolved ensuring corrective and preventive actions are properly defined and implemented.
* Prepare reports to enable analysis of quality performance.
* Quality Culture - assist the Group in designing and developing quality management initiatives, policies and processes and controls.
* Preparation of deliverables such as Quality Plans, Inspection & Test Plans, Work Procedures, Material Approval Forms, Quality checklist Templates, Handover Reports, including deliverables prepared by Suppliers. * Provide regular reports to inform of current issues and actions, and their status.
What you'll need to succeed
Due to the nature of the work, it is required that you have previous experience as a Engineer who has experience of QA / QC procedures.
* Advanced level of Quality Management knowledge within the industry together with formal training and good audit skills.
* Proven track record of driving continuous quality improvements.
*Experience of leading a team.
* Good IT, Communication & Management skills
The successful candidate will be willing to travel and work throughout the UK.
What you'll get in return
This is a permanent vacancy with one of the region's largest and most progressive main Construction Contractors. They have placed a very high importance on this role where you will work within a strong team on exciting projects across the UK.
In return this contractor offers an opportunity with clear career progression opportunities and a highly attractive remuneration package including favourable pension scheme and life assurance, flights, travel, and accommodation when required.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role please call Chris McNamara on 02890446900, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs