Career Mentor Jobmatch Programme, Job Ref. JO3024
37.5 hours per week
Fixed Term to 31st March 2022 (subject to annual funding review)
Salary £20,000 PA, increasing to £21,000 per annum on successful completion of probationary period
Our client was established in 1989 and specialises in the delivery of back to work and employability initiatives. As a result of continued growth, they wish to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified Career Mentor for their Jobmatch Programme in Cookstown. The Jobmatch Programme is part funded by the European Social Fund and Department for Economy.
To support the short and long-term unemployed, helping those who are marginalised including ex-offenders, those with drug and alcohol issues, carers, the economically inactive and those who have not reached the threshold for other government initiatives.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with participants focusing on engagement and mentoring of participants, promotion and achievement of positive employment, training and education outcomes.
- Carry out detailed assessments of need, identifying and addressing personal barriers to education, training and employment which are affecting individual participants.
- Create, agree and implement an Employment Action Plan outlining support to address issues, actions and timescales to achieve positive change.
- Assist participants with career-mapping, job-search activities, CV planning, interview techniques- providing information, advice and guidance on learning, work and other relevant positive activities.
- Actively manage a caseload of participants at any one time on both a one-to-one and group basis ensuring individual learning and employment needs are addressed and appropriate support is in place.
- Identify and coordinate a range of recruitment and selection strategies to secure progression towards employment for participants.
- Be a reliable and professional advocate for participants, sourcing and engaging with suitable training providers and employers, on their behalf and/or signposting participants to a range of universal groups, support services/organisations as required.
- Undertake ongoing evaluation of outcomes and impacts of both specific interventions and overall impact in terms of progressing individuals.
- Deliver/facilitate programmes/workshops based on identified needs of participants.
- Work in a confidential and professional manner responding to sensitive issues that ensures participant welfare and safety is of paramount importance and subject to safeguarding guidelines.
- Be quality and target driven, ensuring all DfE/ESF and organisational targets, deadlines and standards are achieved and consistently achieve set individual objectives, targets and K.P.I.s.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with relevant statutory, community and voluntary organisations.
- Maintain accurate records, ensuring the accuracy and completion of all administrative forms and ensuring that all progress towards training and employment is recorded, monitored and reviewed on an ongoing basis.
- Provide accurate statistical reports and management information in a timely manner to assist with the monitoring and evaluation of the programme.
- Ensure high levels of customer service are maintained through follow up contact with employers, clients and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the safeguarding of ‘Adults at Risk’, reporting issues as they arise.
- Develop and sustain effective working relationships within the Jobmatch Team, the Company and other stakeholder groups e.g. attending team meetings, networking events, etc.
- Undertake CPD activities which enhance individual and organisational performance, maintaining/developing relevant skills to the highest professional standards.
- Adhere to and uphold our client's Code of Conduct, policies, procedures and values at all times including Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Data Protection, Lone Working, Confidentiality etc. and provide these policies to clients.
- Undertake regular, formal reviews with the line manager, reflecting on targets, performance and practice.
- Any other related/reasonable duties as required by management and/or the business objectives.
- Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in Advice & Guidance, Mentoring, Coaching, Counselling or demonstrable equivalent.
- 4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C or above to include English.
- Experience of designing and delivering holistic needs-led support to clients seeking employment and/or training opportunities. This includes assessing need, developing action plans, ensuring actions are implemented and reviewed on a regular basis over a reasonable period of time.
- Experience of sourcing training and or employment opportunities for those unemployed or disengaged with education or training over a reasonable period of time.
- Experience of working to and understanding Adult Safeguarding policies, procedures.
- A demonstrable track record of consistently having met and exceeded targets in a targeted oriented role over a reasonable period of time
- Experience of carrying out home visits or lone working.
Job related knowledge
- Ability to construct SMART, individually tailored action plans for individuals/families with complex needs.
- Strong knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
Skills and competencies
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop others.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work to a high degree of accuracy.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work productively in a fast paced environment.
- Innovative with the ability to take initiative.
- Good presentation skill.
- Enthusiastic and passionate with a desire to succeed.
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business.
- Good time management skills.
- Ability to persuade, influence and negotiate.
- Approachable, emphatic and compassionate.
- Open-minded and impartial team player.
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes or ability to demonstrate alternative method of being able to fulfill any travel related duties of the role.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. and cover letter/note to us in Word format only highlighting your suitability for the role and how you feel you meet the essential criteria. PDF or other file formats are not accepted.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any that is shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close/fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released to a client.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd. acts as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business.
We as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Network Recruitment (NI) Ltd is a Northern Ireland registered company, Reg. No NI066709.
Republic of Ireland Branch Reg. No 905918, Recruitment Agency License Number: EA3347.
EQUALITY & DIVERSITY.
As an organisation Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy.
You can review our Data Protection Policies and Privacy Notice on our own website.
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.
Experience: Qualifications Experience Essential Job related knowledge Skills and competencies
Level 3 qualification (or equivalent) in Advice & Guidance, Mentoring, Coaching, Counselling or demonstrable equivalent.
4 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at grade C or above to include English.
Experience of designing and delivering holistic needs-led support to clients seeking employment and/or training opportunities. This includes assessing need, developing action plans, ensuring actions are implemented and reviewed on a regular basis over a reasonable period of time.
Experience of sourcing training and or employment opportunities for those unemployed
or disengaged with education or training over a reasonable period of time.
Experience of working to and understanding Adult Safeguarding policies, procedures.
A demonstrable track record of consistently having met and exceeded targets in a targeted oriented role over a reasonable period of time
Experience of carrying out home visits or lone working.
Job related knowledge
Skills and competencies