We are searching for a ‘Commercialisation Manager’ to provide expertise and guidance on the commercialisation of research through licensing and new venture creation within a prestigious University. With a focus on Pharma, Chemical Engineering and Chemistry the successful candidate will commercialise the outcomes of University research.
Overview of this position:
- Contribute to the strategic priorities of the University, particularly in relation to the expansion and diversification of its income base through increased commercialisation of its IP and commercially relevant research capabilities.
- Provide expertise and guidance to faculty staff on innovation, translational development, research commercialisation and new venture creation.
- Identify and nurture licensing and spin out opportunities and determine the most appropriate route for successful exploitation
- Develop and present investment opportunities to key funding partners and Venture Capital sources.
- Identify and assess new technologies with commercial potential
- Plan and execute commercialisation strategies.
- Building links with industry and agencies regionally, nationally and internationally to maximise opportunities to facilitate commercialisation of research.
- Research and keep up to date with a range of support programmes and services to assist with knowledge exchange initiatives.
Who will this appeal to?
- Three years relevant experience and expertise in successful translation and commercialisation of research, Intellectual Property and ‘know how’.
- Experience of successfully developing and cultivating partnerships and alliances, particularly with business, universities, research institutions and government departments and agencies
- Experience of working in a dynamic and changing environment, with evidence of formulating clear business strategies and adhering to good governance practices
- Experience of controlling budgets and resources and an understanding of financial management procedures
- Knowledge of patenting and related costs in securing a return for the investment
- Passion for early stage ventures and an ability to analyse complex information to assess potential
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to communicate effectively with technical, academic and senior managers
- Knowledge of Venture Capital and seed funding
This is a key appointment and the successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, annual leave entitlement and pension contribution. Please contact Conor MacNamara, in strict confidence, on +44 (0) 7968 160122.