Ashton Recruitment urgently require a Skills Training Administrator
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities for a Skills Training Administrator:
- Prepare and process monthly claims for payment.
- Administer the input of all participant details onto TMS and QLS software packages.
- Monitor and check payroll for participants on a weekly basis.
- Deal with payroll queries.
- Pay participants stage payment bonuses.
- Verify payments against bank statements.
- Liaise with DEL re specialist funding, childcare and taxi payments.
- Liaise with employers to get evidence of appropriate insurance cover.
- Register Trainees and Apprentices for external examinations.
- Apply for certificates and trigger output related funding.
- Monitor the claiming of milestones and alert staff if they are outstanding.
- Monitor outstanding certificates re essential skills, technical certificates and NVQ.
- Keep up-to-date reports and inform lecturers and Skills Training Manager / Co-ordinator of problems.
- Deal with queries passed on by the other staff members i.e. payroll, deductions, attendance, etc.
- Run reports on leavers, achievers, progressions, performance, etc.
- Compile statistics for Senior Management.
- Liaise with external agencies e.g. TMS staff from DEL, SSO, Jobcentres, Banks, Housing Executive.
- Supervise/monitor marking in and checking of participant timesheets.
- Process examination entries.
- Prepare files/records for Inspection from DEL and the Education Training Inspectorate.
- Answer enquiries from students, staff, employers and/or the general public.
- Process course applications and enquiries (according to College agreed processes).
- Office administration including word-processing/typing letters, memos and reports, photocopying, post, fax, switchboard and reception duties.
- Arrange and service meetings as required, taking minutes and circulation of same.
- Undertake telephone and reception duties.
- Deal with incoming mail and preparation of outgoing mail.
- Maintain appropriate filing systems
Essential Criteria for a Skills Training Administrator:
- GCSE in English (Grade A* - C) or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or equivalent.
- GCSE in Mathematics (Grade A* - C) or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or equivalent
- A minimum of a Level 3 qualification (or higher) in a relevant subject area
- A minimum of two years' (within the last five years') relevant administrative experience in a busy modern office.
- A working knowledge of a range of software packages including Microsoft Office suite.
- Current Driving license for official business purposes
- OCR/RSA Stage 3 (Parts I & II) Word Processing or equivalent
- Experience of administrative processes in further education and /or school sector
Hours: 36 hours per week Mon - Thurs: 9am - 5pm, Friday: 9am - 4.45pm
Duration: Temporary cover for 8 weeks
The successful candidate would need to be available for an immediate/quick start date.
If you are interested in this position please submit your CV via the link below, or if you feel like this would be a position of interest to people in your network please share.
Please be aware a successful applicant for the role will have to complete an Enhanced Access NI Background Check.
Ashton Recruitment is acting as an employment business.
Experience: 0 yrs