Your New Company
Hays Accountancy and Finance are recruiting for the appointment of an interim Bursar for a County Down based School. The ideal candidate will be able to work in a varied environment and be able to communicate financial information to non-finance colleagues.
Your New Role
Main duties will be inclusive of the following:
- Advising on general financial policy within the School
- Preparing annual estimates of income and expenditure to include the preparation of departmental budgets within the School, the latter in consultation with the Principal or senior academic staff.
- Monitoring income and expenditure in relation to budget and presenting regular management reports to the governing body.
- Keeping the accounts of the School and preparing Statements of Financial Activity (SOFA) and balance sheets in accordance with the charities Statement of Recommended Practice (SORP).
- Providing all required information and documentation for External and Internal Audits.
- Maintaining cash flow projections for the current and future years.
- Preparing pupils' bills and collecting all fees and extras.
- Payment of all salaries and wages, including PAYE, Superannuation and National Insurance Contributions and compliance with regulations for benefits in kind.
- Administering pension schemes for teaching and non-teaching staff.
- Scrutinising and passing for payment all invoices received in the school.
- Organising special appeals for capital projects or endowment funds.
- Keeping analyses of costs and other statistical records.
- Preparing forecasts for the future financial performance of the school; usually over a period of five years.
- Preparing financial appraisals of particular projects.
- Advising on the financial and taxation implications of the charitable status of the school.
- Maintaining an effective working relationship with Department of Education officials.
- Line management of two finance administrators.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Chartered Accountant- ACCA/CIMA/ACA/CIPFA or equivalent formal accountancy qualification;
- A minimum of 2 years' experience post qualification in a financial environment (ideally within the public sector)
What You'll Get in Return
A competitive salary, great holidays and an opportunity to work in a varied environment.
Experience: 0 yrs