Employment Services Officer
**Application Format: Please note that a CV will be required as part of this application process**
We guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.
Location: Positions available across N Ireland depending on business need.
Contract: Temporary Contract with potential to last up to two years (subject to funding)
Responsible To: Programme Manager
Objective: Provide quality advice and guidance, coaching and mentoring support to project participants to promote progression to employment or desired progression route. }
Job Ref: 2018/ESO
Applications Close: 28 November 2018
- To contribute to the effective and efficient delivery of Usel employment programmes.
- To develop comprehensive knowledge of Usel’s project/programme portfolio and adhere to associated guidance and quality frameworks in the delivery of each project/programme.
- To effectively participate as a team member to ensure the successful delivery of our employment programmes to eligible participants within an agreed geographic spread.
- To ensure that services are delivered to all stakeholders on schedule and to a high-quality standard.
- To provide a professional and quality-based assessment of both participant and employer needs and offer impartial information, advice and guidance on all aspects of work related issues within project parameters.
- To signpost participants to external services to assist them with non-employment related matters
- To deliver on agreed personal action plans for participants to enhance opportunities of obtaining paid employment
- To liaise with training, employer engagement and skills coaches to generate quality training, work experience and employment opportunities.
- To coach and mentor project participants.
- To assist participants with job search activities
- To promote Usel services to employers, participants and referral agencies and assist with associated outreach activities.
- To actively participate in the recruitment of participants and employers.
- To ensure that relevant administration standards and requirements are adhered to for each project/programme.
- To ensure that associated Management Information Systems are maintained to ensure up-to-date and accurate information.
- At least one year’s demonstrable proven competence in providing career/employability mentoring in a one-to-one and/or group setting. (Number of years’ experience may be increased should there be a need to facilitate manageable shortlists)
- Demonstrable understanding of government welfare to work programmes
- Demonstrable ability to create and sustain effective working relationships with key stakeholders
- Demonstrable excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as organisational skills.
- Computer Literate, in particular Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, and Outlook etc.)
- Driving Licence and access to a car (if the effects of a disability preclude an individual from holding a driving licence then they should indicate how they could meet the mobility requirements of the post).
- Advice & Guidance Level 2 qualification and/or Certificate in Mentoring.
- Knowledge of the needs of people with a disability or people with health conditions within an employment setting.
Usel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Employment to this post is therefore subject to an Access NI Enhanced Check.
Terms and Benefits
- Salary: £22,107 – £24,882
- Holidays: 27 days Annual Leave and 10 days Statutory Leave
- Hours of Work: Mon to Thus 8.15 a.m. – 4.30 p.m. and Fri 8.15 –12.15 p.m.
- Pension: Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (after a qualifying period)
- Health and Wellbeing initiatives
- Free and confidential Employee Support through Inspire Workplaces
- NICSSA provides access to discounted health and wellbeing initiatives such as gym memberships
- Benenden provides employees with the option to health insurance for both them and their families
- Access to Financial Well-Being via a social enterprise partner
- Employers for Childcare voucher scheme
- Travel Expenses: Business travel is reimbursed at a rate of 45p per mile
- USEL is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Employment to this post is therefore subject to an Access NI Enhanced Check
For further information and to apply, CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON