- To facilitate the appropriate response to all emergency alarms.
- To act as a communications / information hub within the emergency response system.
- Liaise with members of the Grid Control officer team to ensure the seamless operation of the control and monitoring of the PNG Network on a 24-7 basis.
- Provide assistance in administering the activities relating to the Operation and Maintenance of District and Commercial Governors.
- Design, costing and issuing of mains extension works (incl. New Build), based on site surveys carried out by Connections / Construction.
- Liaise with PNG Operations / Transportation Services to co-ordinate the installation, monitoring and maintenance of all PMAC sites.
- Support team working in pursuit of the Asset Management objectives both within the Grid Control team and the company as a whole.
- Assist with other administrative duties as directed by the Asset Manager.
- Will be required to participate in a rota system to provide 24-7 cover for Grid Control activities.
- To gain experience and be prepared to undertake fully, or in part, the activities of the Transportation Services team.
- To act as the Network Controller within the Safe Control of Operations procedures and mains commissioning procedures.
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with all work colleagues, contractors and partnering agencies to ensure an integrated contribution to PNG's corporate objectives.
- Observe and comply with policies and procedures for Health and Safety at Work and observe and continually promote equal opportunities and customer care in compliance with organisational aims and objectives.
- Participate in learning and development activities that develop personal effectiveness and assist in improving performance in the role.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the changing needs of the organisation.
Experience: 0 yrs