Your new company
The services of Hays have been retained by our client, a large Housing Body with offices throughout the country to recruit X3 Technical Officer's to work out of their office in Belfast. This organisation has more than 85,000 properties and employs 3,000 members of staff throughout the country.
Your new role
Working within the existing team you will be involved with assisting in delivering the maintenance programme for a patch of properties, with the main duties including:
- Undertaking routine maintenance inspections on property and dwellings;
- Pre inspect work required on both Technical and Policy grounds before issuing the work to contractors;
- Carry out surveys, prepare schedules and specifications and supervise programmes;
- Monitoring the performance of contractors, including the provision of reports on all aspects of building and construction works, ensuring materials and workmanship are to the required standards;
- Post inspection to ensure an acceptable standard of work before authorising payments;
- To carry out Change of Tenancy Inspections for properties ensuring void properties are returned ready to let at the earliest opportunity.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this post you should possess:
The successful candidate should possess a Bachelor's Degree in Architecture/Building Surveying or a relevant Building or Engineering related discipline plus one year of relevant experience.
A relevant BTEC Higher Cert/Diploma or qualification of an equivalent academic level plus 2 years' relevant experience in Building / Construction / Technical Discipline.
What you'll get in return
You will get the opportunity to work for a large Housing Body on a long term temporary contract. This position offers an immediate start with weekly payment via BACS transfer with all business mileage expenses being reimbursed. The salary banding for the position ranges from £18,672 - £28,221 per annum. In addition to the remuneration package the role allows for an excellent work-life balance with the working hours amounting to 37 per week along with an annual holiday entitlement of 33 days, inclusive of stats.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs