Hays Accountancy and Finance are recruiting for a Public Sector organisation based in Belfast City Centre for a part qualified accountant or accounting technician on a Temp to Perm basis. Our client are highly regarded in their sector for the services they provide, they now require a Finance Officer to join their busy finance department.
Your new role
In this job you will be reporting into the Financial Accountant and will be responsible for a variety of duties including; weekly and monthly payroll operation to include all relevant submissions to HMRC; administer all aspects of purchase & sales Ledger; write receipts for all cheques/income received and prepare lodgements. Ensure all cash received is recorded and posted to accounts software on a regular and timely basis; ensure that effective credit control is maintained, by regular review of Debtor Balances and pursuit of any debts not settled and complete monthly bank reconciliation's and assist with other balance sheet control account reconciliation's.
- Bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Updating and maintaining the fixed asset register
- Regular cash flow reporting
- Other ad hoc analysis/reporting work
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will need 5 GCSE's at grade C and above (including Maths and English), or equivalent
At least 2 years' experience working within a busy finance department and working knowledge of the following:
- Full/Part Qualified Accountant or Full/Part Qualified Accounting Technician - applications will be accepted from individuals working towards completion of full qualification (desirable)
- Experience using SAGE financial system
- Knowledge of public sector Government accounting
- Knowledge of Charity accounting
- Understanding public sector governance arrangements
What you'll get in return
In return you will avail from working for a well-known public sector body in Belfast alongside some of the most experienced professionals in the industry, 32+ days annual leave including bank holidays, company sick pay, flexitime and a competitive salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role please call Shaun on 02890446911 and forward an up to date CV.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs