Hays Accountancy & Finance are currently recruiting for a Charity in North Belfast for a Finance Officer on a Perm or Temp to Perm basis. This will depend on the availability of the successful candidate following an interview process.
Your new role
This role offers a fantastic opportunity for anyone wishing to take the next step in their Finance career. The role offers an array of interesting projects and responsibilities and will allow the successful Candidate to become integrally involved with the development and running of an already successful Finance team.
- Process payments of invoices.
- Process BACs, cheque and cash payments through SDM.
- Calculate rent amounts, offsetting any benefits received.
- Monitor and input Housing Benefits and Supporting People payments.
- Issue correspondence to relevant parties detailing payment plans and set up direct debits.
- Management of cash handling procedures.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the further development of robust monetary policies and procedures.
- Using Sage Payroll, assist the Finance Manager with the monthly payroll and end of year processing.
- Ensure completion reports are issued to HMRC and pension providers following each pay run.
- Verify and process employee and volunteer expenses as and when required and reconcile with Bank.
- Assist the Finance Manager with the quarterly and annual financial returns.
- Assist the Finance Manager in compiling financial reports for review by the Board.
- Assist the Finance Manager with internal and external audits.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working with Payroll software.
- Relevant Business Finance / Finance Qualifications or equivalent experience in similar role.
- Proven organisational skills.
- Good knowledge of excel
What you'll get in return
Generous salary package worth £22,000 combined with flexible working hours and the opportunity to work for an organisation who make a real difference in Northern Ireland.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Shaun Hawkins now on 02890446911.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Experience: 0 yrs