The Cedar Foundation is seeking to recruit the following staff member:
Support worker - Days REF: 18/081/SW-T/WEB
The Cedar foundation deliver a range of services that enable people with disabilities to get the most out of life and to be fully included in their communities. Our services are centred around the individual needs of each person and are delivered throughout Northern Ireland.
Due to rapid continual growth and development, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Support worker to join our team and to support and assist service users.
The Support worker is part of the staff team, providing services for adults who have learning disabilities and complex needs in a small residential home in Holywood.
Hours: 35 hours per week (on a rota basis)
Location: Twisel Lodge, Holywood
Hourly Rate: £15,585 per annum, pro rata
· Numeracy & literacy (English language) skills
· Registered or agreeable to applying for registration with the N. Ireland Social Care Council
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Demonstrable evidence of 6 months experience of providing physical care / support for individuals within the last 2 years
· Available to work shifts as and when required
· NVQ level 2 in Health & Social Care or equivalent
· English & Maths to GCSE grade C or equivalent.
· Experience of working as part of a team
· Experience of person centred support planning
· 6 month experience of paid employment in a care and. Or housing support role or ability to demonstrate equivalent experience in informal or voluntary support/ care work
Apply online at
Closing Date Tuesday 5th June 2018 at 4.00 pm
THE CEDAR FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER