Physical Training Instructor
Type: Permanent full-time
Based: Maydown PSNI, Derry-Londonderry
Organisation: The Police Service of Northern Ireland
Salary: £26,962 - £27,819
The PSNI is seeking a Physical Training Instructor to work in their multi-disciplinary Occupational Health & Wellbeing (OHW) team. You will be responsible for the occupational health and wellbeing of student officers, probationer officers, police officers and police staff. You will help learners to reach and maintain the PSNI’s required work-related physical competence standards and deliver general fitness and rehabilitation training.
Your tasks will include:
- conducting PSNI preselection physical competence assessments
- designing and delivering the Physical and Health Education components of the student officer and probationer courses.
- working with management to design and administers role-related physical competence assessments.
- develop personal rehabilitation programmes for police officers and staff referred by OHW.
- contributing to the Physical and Health Education Business Plan, including the Health Promotion, Specialist Unit and Regional plans.
You hold, or are due to complete, an Hons Degree in Physical Education, Sports, Leisure and Exercise or a similar degree. You have one year’s experience training individuals or groups in a physical education or fitness environment. You have a thorough understanding designing fitness assessments and training programmes.
To learn more and apply CLICK THE APPLY BUTTON
Closing date: Friday 5th April 2019 at 3pm.
PSNI is committed to being representative of the community we serve and welcomes all applicants interested in a career in policing.