Assistant Manager (Licensed Trade)
Reports to : Manager
LOCATION: Multi - LocationsPurpose To ensure that caring, courteous service is provided at all times. In the absence of the Manager, full responsibility for all facets of the premises in order to maximize unit profitability and continually strive for improvement. We are looking for a natural leader with a competitive edge that can help us expand and improve our business and to set a good example to the whole unit by upholding a high degree of Company discipline, whilst at the same time creating a fun, team environment. Key Responsibilities: Profit and Business Planning Provision of Excellent Customer Service Stock Control Staffing Team Development and Performance Management Health and Safety Administration Housekeeping Security Licensing Laws Educational qualifications
- Good standard of secondary education required
- BTEC National Diploma in Hospitality Management or equivalent preferred
- WSET Intermediate Wine Certificate preferred
- Minimum 3 years' experience at a management level within a busy licensed environment.
- Previous working experience of marketing, PR and events.
- Good knowledge of cocktails and wine
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel preferred.
- Knowledge of Micros preferred.
- Proven track record of stock management on a day-to-day basis
- Proven track record of staff training on a day-to-day basis
- An excellent problem solver with the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Leadership qualities - must be able to set a positive example and deal with situations as they arise, and manage staff, to maintain standards.
- The ability to organize and prioritize effectively. E.g., able to organize and prioritize daily and weekly tasks in a customer focused environment in order to meet deadlines and timescales.
- Good communication skills, e.g., proven ability to deal effectively with both internal and external customers in potentially difficult situations, maintaining a professional level of customer service at all times.
- Have the ability to sustain consistent performance even under pressure, and willing to take on extra responsibility when required
- A team player who will help staff with tasks rather than delegating when appropriate
Other relevant information
- Flexibility will be required with hours of work, and this position involves daytime, night and weekend work.
To apply for the role or to find out further information, please do not hesitate to send your CV via the APPLY button below. Only those applicants who meet the criteria specified above will be contacted.
Not quite for you? If you know of anyone that maybe suitable for the role, or interested, please forward our details on to them.
Who are PRL?
PRL Recruitment (formerly Sales Placement)serves businesses seeking to fill any roles. This includes Sales, Marketing & Management across FMCG, IT, ICT, B2B, Pharmaceutical, Healthcare, Sales Construction, Advertising and Automotive fields plus many more. We pride ourselves on matching great talent within any organisation.
We are the No.1 Recruitment Consultancy, operating on a whole Island basis. We remain the "go to" recruiter for high calibre talent for the Island of Ireland.
Experience: 0 yrs