As and when required / Casual
The postholder will provide customer service support to individual and group patrons to help ensure visitor comfort, safety and enjoyment. This includes fitness instruction, gym supervision, fitness class coaching (where qualified), and cleaning and upkeep of facilities and equipment as required.Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for undertaking fitness instructor duties, as determined by rota, to professionally recognised standards:
- Keeping a close watch over the fitness suite and clients
- Communicating effectively with clients and colleagues
- Anticipating problems and preventing accidents
- Intervention to prevent unsafe behaviour
- Identifying emergencies quickly and taking appropriate action
- Giving immediate First Aid to any casualty
- Assisting with crowd control, including the evacuation of the building in an emergency.
- Liaise as directed with Gym Members and prospective Gym members in order to achieve highest possible levels of membership retention and new sales.
- Assist in the administration of membership sales ensuring membership and direct debit forms etc. are completed appropriately and receipts issued at reception.
- Carry out induction sessions to ensure new clients are instructed in the safe use of fitness equipment.
- Ensure that each client receives a personal exercise programme, which must be updated after each session.
- Review and evaluate personal exercise programmes as required to ensure clients achieve exercise and fitness goals.
- Liaise with appropriate medical profession with regard to clients participating in Exercise Referral Programmes and clients with a negative health check. Keep an up to date personal file on all these people.
- Maintain fitness equipment and air conditioning units with regular cleaning and minor servicing, as determined by Management, reporting faults as directed.
- Perform emergency Basic, Advanced and Extended Life Support duties
- Perform housekeeping, cleaning and customer service duties as required to standards prescribed in the facility's I.S.O. 9000 Procedure Manuals and other Quality System Documents.
- Enforce rules and regulations appropriately for the safety and enjoyment of all patrons.
- Monitor and assess the conduct of patrons throughout the facility with special regard to the need to protect children and vulnerable adults from danger or inappropriate behaviour, applying Child Protection and Vulnerable Adults Policy and Procedures, as required.
- Provide support and advice to customers and members of the public, dealing with service requests and / or complaints appropriately and sensitively.
- Assist in the administration of the facilities by preparing a variety of written records including Incident Reports, Accident Reports, Witness Statements, Accident Book Entries, Casualty Observation Charts, Quality System and General Housekeeping Records, as required.
- Coaching NI Exercise & Fitness Award or NVQ Level 2 Award in Fitness Instruction or equivalent qualification.
- Qualification in Exercise to Music/Circuit Training/Group Cycling or equivalent.
- First Aid at Work Certificate.
- Post qualification working experience in fitness assessment or fitness suite operation.
- Experience of cleaning duties in a working environment e.g. public building, office complex.
- 6 months' post qualification working experience in a fitness assessment or fitness suite operation.
- Have a good knowledge of:
- Exercise Programme construction.
- Workplace Health & Safety
- First Aid
- Exercise class construction
If you meet all of the above criteria and available as and when required please submit your cv to email@example.com by 1st March 2017. CV's received after this time will not be accepted.
Experience: 0 yrs