Honeycomb Jobs are delighted to be partnering with one of NI's leading banks in the appointment of a Senior Internal Audit Manager. Duration 4-6 months with the possibility of extension.
As a Senior Manager you will be responsible for management and delivery of an audit service for a significant area within the organisation. This will include planning and delivering audits, monitoring the implementation of recommendations, ensuring effective management and control of regulatory risks in line with the group and professional body standards.
- Supporting the Head of Audit in the management and delivery of an audit service within this financial services organisation with a specific focus on Prudential Risk; capital, liquidity, interest rate risk, regulatory reporting processes)
- Meet with the regulation authority with the Head of Internal Audit to discuss performance and outcomes
- Plan, organise, lead and oversee a programme of audits
- Personally conduct complex assignments when required due to specialist skills or knowledge
- Manage, motivate, train and develop, when necessary, the wider team of auditors in the firm to ensure a high-quality standard and level of professionalism at all times with a commercially focused service
- Overview and sign off final reports ensuring all issues identified/addressed, all in accordance with group and professional standards
- Support the Head of Audit in the development of the audit strategy and operational plans
- Monitor actions from audits completed ensuring issues are implemented as agreed
- Contribute to the development of a high-performance team through own personal development of expertise sharing best practice and knowledge
- Ensure clients are provided with a compliant service in line with all legal, regulatory and voluntary code obligations and all of the company standards, policies and procedures
- Ensure all activities are in line with core values and delivery of planned audits in accordance with agreed timescales and budget.
- Relevant Post Graduate Qualification in Accounting or Finance, Auditing, Financial Services or Regulatory Compliance (ACA, ACCA, IIA, CIMA, MBA, ICT)
- Experience working within an Audit environment or independent regulatory risk monitoring function (this can include the delivery of related audit / internal audit / risk services within an outsourced model)
- Detailed working knowledge of Prudential Risk such as liquidity, capital, Interest Risk in the Banking Book (IRRBB), regulatory reporting - gained through working in a financial services organisations regulatory risk, audit or finance setting OR through a consultancy project with a leading professional services organisation
- Experience in conducting and leading independent assignments within a business context such as compliance or internal audit
- Experience of identifying, assessing and evaluating regulatory compliance risks in an financial services organisation
- Experience writing business reports for senior stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex information and respond to questioning in a clear and concise manner
If you are interested in this role, please contact Dearbhla Kilpatrick on 028 9620 7050 for a confidential discussion.
Experience: 0 yrs