Assistant Accountant-VAT Department
Salary- £Attractive DOE
Who we are working with:
On behalf of our client, Abacus Group would like to hear from an experienced Assistant Accountant with strong VAT experience you will be working with a highly successful Global Company and due to continued success they are growing their team in Lurgan
- Ensure that VAT payments/refunds are made/ received on a timely basis.
- Management and support of VAT and Intrastat audit support as required.
- Preparation and submission of accurate VAT returns, intrastat reports and EC Sales Listings for companies entities within set deadlines across multiple European jurisdictions.
- Responding to queries from government agencies and companies entities regarding VAT.
- Management of new VAT registrations and deregistration's as required.
- Drive initiatives to improve current VAT processes and any other projects that may arise in the Indirect tax area.
- Supporting the annual Senior Accounting Officer review.
- Drive continuous improvement within the team by reviewing current compliance processes with a view to improve efficiency while maintaining data integrity.
- Monitor business performance metrics in relation to VAT compliance.
- Acting as a resource for queries from colleagues within the shared service center.
- Advising colleagues in the wider European business on more complex VAT matters. This will involve researching and interpreting legislation and providing support with preparing the relevant advice.
- Monitoring changes in international VAT law/regulation and case law that are relevant to Terex, and helping the business to implement any resulting changes needed in business processes and systems.
- Develop knowledge of business and organisational issues affecting legal entity compliance by partnering with business unit leaders
Essential experience and qualifications
- A-level or equivalent.
- Strong MS Office skills, particularly MS Excel.
- Experience of working with large volumes of financial data.
- UK VAT experience.
Desirable though not essential
- European VAT Experience would be desirable though not essential.
- To be fluent in German both written and spoken.
- CTA Qualification or similar.
44 (0)28 90995218
If you would be interested in this position please apply, for other jobs in Belfast please visit the Abacus Professional Recruitment website.
Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London.
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs