Do you want to join a team of legal professionals?
Are you proactive and flexible individual?
Do you have excellent administration skills?
Our client is a leading global law firm operating in over thirty countries. Our client strives by their company values by innovating fresh new approaches to deliver their services and maintain their reputation of excellent service, in all that they do. By doing so this has expanded their team and progress with their Belfast Office base, resulting in numerous key awards.
To provide a consistently high standard of administrative support to the Legal Professionals and Associates in Advanced Delivery Legal, ensuring that all tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner to enable the smooth running of the team's support function. In particular, support with all matters with regard to finance; business development, travel arrangements and preparation of complex and often confidential documents and presentations.
- Maintenance of diary events and organisation of the day-to-day schedule of fee earner
- Coordination of meetings, to include the consideration of and responsibility for ensuring all necessary documentation
- Respond to telephone calls in a professional manner, acting as a filter to manage and control calls
- Planning and coordination of comprehensive travel programmes, to include booking flights, hotels and car transfers
- Preparation of holiday/absence tracker
- Type letters, correspondence, presentations, reports and legal documentation
- Proofread all work to ensure that completed documents are delivered accurately and to the appropriate high standard
- Prepare and/or ensure availability of necessary agendas, presentations and meeting papers, including printing and timely distribution.
- Take responsibility for submission of expense claims on behalf of fee earners and maintenance of copies, ensuring cross-check against Corporate Amex expenditure if appropriate
- Prepare fee reports on matters/follow up with Finance team
- Routinely update Carpe Diem; complete and close timesheets where appropriate and prompt fee earners where necessary
- Work on client pitches, liaison with Business Development, Creative Services and Printroom for timely production of documentation
- Coordinate/organise client and office events and ensure all details, post-event, are followed up
- Ensure databases are kept up to date, e.g. EPiC, CVs and A&O.com.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills and a keen attention to detail;
- Strong communication skills both formal and informal and willingness to collaborate with others;
- Ability to work flexibly, on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Showing initiative and having a desire to get the job done;
- Ability to adapt with flexibility to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in an environment with shifting priorities, under pressure;
- Ability to work as part of a team, both within Belfast and remotely with colleagues from London and elsewhere across a wide range of levels, responsibilities and offices
- Graduate or equivalent, or A Levels with relevant experience
- RSA Stage I/II Text or Word Processing (strong typing skills essential)
- Excellent Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint skills
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.