Temporary Assistant Investigation Officer required for a local government organisation based in Lisburn.
Starting ASAP potentially until 31st March 2017
Pay Rate: 0-12 weeks £8.50ph then increases from week 13 to £13.44ph
Monday-Friday = 37 hours per week
Duties will include:
- Ensure the collection of all relevant documentation, information or data that is required by the investigation to form an overall picture of the circumstances, including the preparation or upgrade of files to designated standards.
- Analysing and interpreting data and bringing any new evidence or intelligence into the enquiry and to the notice of an appropriate line manager.
- Interview suspects, to include ensuring the correct standards at all times.
- Carry out interviews with witnesses where appropriate and obtain their statements.
- Produce written evidence and, where necessary/appropriate, deliver that evidence in court.
- Preparing case papers for submission to the public prosecution service.
- The post holder must be an experienced investigator with a proven background in leading investigations. A professional qualification of at least PIP2 level is essential.
- Candidates must have previous knowledge and working experience of Police and Criminal Evidence (Northern Ireland) Order 1989 and the Criminal Procedure and Investigations Act 1996.
- A minimum of two years experience of conducting criminal or other legal enforcement investigations within the previous seven years.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure using own initiative.
- Experience of using information technology as part of work
- Ability to input to and interrogate computer databases
- Ability to operate in customer facing role.
- Ability to conduct directed investigations with the public and suspects including taking statements.
- Ability to follow recognised investigative processes.
- Understanding of the Criminal Justice System.
- Ability to prepare documentation to build case files for prosecution to the appropriate standard.
A security checks must be completed to enable you to commence the assignment.
If you are interested in this role please upload your CV to the link.
**This role may be filled very quickly, but don't worry, we will keep your details on file for consideration of another role becoming available in the future**
Experience: 0 yrs