Sales Engineer, Job Ref. JO3411
Manchester Base with extensive UK travel
Perm, Fulltime hours
Salary Commensurate with the level of appointment, qualifications, experience and performance
Our client, a chemical and process engineering organisation, designs, builds and installs bespoke industrial waste heat recovery and gas cooling/cleansing systems with unrivalled technical excellence.
Based in Manchester but operating in many export markets, they work with consultants, contractors and end-users across the chemical, processing, industrial and manufacturing sectors. Having been in business for over 25 years they have an unparalleled track record in innovation and quality in the design, manufacture and installation of both conventional and condensing boiler economisers and now wish to appoint a suitably experienced sales professional to further develop their client portfolio and accelerate their growth.
The Sales Engineer will be an integral part of the engineering team, will report to the CEO and will be responsible for developing existing business whilst also identifying and generating new business. This includes:
- Supporting and growing existing business relationships and orders;
- Identifying product opportunities and initialising contact with new potential clients;
- Providing relevant technical advice on how the products can solve specific challenges and deliver maximum energy efficiency, environmental performance and Return on Investment (ROI) for clients;
- Working in partnership with the engineering team to develop proposals;
- Negotiating contract details;
- Provide pre-sales and post-sales support to clients;
- Representing the company at industry events and tradeshows, to gain new business leads and contacts;
- Responding to tenders and requests for information in a timely manner;
- Ensuring the company remains proactive and responsive to prospective clients;
- Working to and achieving financial targets.
What we are looking for:
- Relevant Technical/Engineering Degree, (Mechanical/Chemical bias highly sought after);
- Experience in the Engineering/Manufacturing/facilities services industries particularly within the Steam/ thermal oil/ HPHW boiler environment;
- Experience in selling Capital Equipment such as Heat exchangers, Boilers Economisers, blowdown vessels, tanks, pumps, hotwells, calorifiers;
- Experience of planning, preparing and achieving set budgets, targets and K.P.I.s with strong commercial acumen and negotiation skills across all levels;
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Full driving licence;
- The ability to travel across the U.K. and Ireland on a regular basis;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If interested, what you need to do next:
To register your interest in this position in confidence please submit a copy of your full up-to-date C.V. with a cover email/letter highlighting your suitability for the position.
Please include the Job Reference Number.
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged, and your permission sought to send your C.V. to the hiring client for review.
If a closing date has been given by the hiring client, then we will list this clearly with the text of all jobs advertised.
Specific closing dates for all jobs can be found and verified on our website which is updated daily.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your C.V. to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their C.V. being released.
We act as both an Employment Agency and as an Employment Business and as a company operate under strict 'best practice' policies and procedures governed by both the NRF and REC of which we are corporate members.
Equality & Diversity:
As an organisation we are continually committed to equality and we value diversity. We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
Confidentiality / Data Protection:
If you wish to have your data/record removed from our system, please email your request to us using the word “remove” and this will be actioned as soon as possible.
Experience: See job description.
See job description.