Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client is a globally respected engineering organisation, providing white collar, Blue collar and engineering services to many sectors including energy, aerospace, marine and defence. They are committed to innovation and the continual pursuit of improvement, and with a brand holding over 100 years of service they are now developing their technology capabilities, venturing into new markets and building their customer base further.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Finance Coach for a 12 months contract based in Derby.
As a Finance coach your responsibility will be to coach and mentor key personnel in how to develop and implement appropriate financial business planning, reporting and decision making best practices. You will be working alongside beneficiary employees in order to develop their skills to ensure the selected companies' financial management and associated processes are capable of supporting a company on a growth curve.
Working as a Finance Coach, you will be responsible for working alongside the beneficiaries to coach and mentor them, ensuring your knowledge and skills are transferred to embed sustainable change in the following areas:
- Coaching of best practice in appropriate financial models and supporting processes used to support the business planning process.
- Support the beneficiaries to improve their decision making processes to include investment appraisals and post decision making reviews.
- Assist the beneficiaries to improve their performance management mechanisms to measure and predict performance. This should include an appropriate framework for reporting performance and driving actions, with relevant KPIs, quality variance analysis and action planning.
- Coaching the finance function to improve integration with the rest of the organisation to become an integral part of the decision making process.
- Assist the finance function in establishing the links between improvements in operational performance and the key financial measures for a business.
- Coaching other functions to understand the integral part they play in the management of costs, working capital and business planning.
- Assist the beneficiary in implementing processes to support risk management, to include scenario analysis on financial forecasts.
- Support the beneficiaries to implement proactive cost reduction activities and associated tracking and valuation processes.
- Support the beneficiary to align financial KPI's to their business plan deployment process and cascade targets throughout the organisation.
- Support and advise on financial control activities e.g. Activity Based Costing, Value stream accounting and budget control.
- Liaising with external training providers as appropriate.
Skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Proven capability to coach and mentor people in financial best practices.
- Previous experience of training people in financial best practices.
- Proven experience as a Financial Controller/ Senior Finance Business Partner or other relevant role ideally within the manufacturing industry.
- Finance Qualification or relevant experience.
- Strong manufacturing knowledge.
- Good IT skills, strong business acumen and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and influencing skills are important, particularly within senior leaders.
- *This role involves travel to multiple supplier sites across the UK therefore, you must be willing to be away from home 5 days per week.
Experience: 0 yrs