Birchwood High School
Parsonage Lane, Bishop’s Stortford, CM23 5BD
Principal – Dr Chris Ingate
NOR 1100 rising to 1350
Science Teacher (including London Fringe)
£5,000 Welcome pack available, inclusive of relocation allowance
September 2018 Start (July 2018 for suitable candidate)
Birchwood High School is a forward thinking comprehensive school situated in an excellent location with stunning facilities.
The Science Faculty have achieved their best ever results at GCSE and Post 16 and are now looking to further augment this position by recruiting innovative outstanding practitioners to an otherwise fully staffed and vibrant team of specialists.
As a Science teacher you will be committed to delivering high quality learning experiences for all students that will inspire them to achieve the best of their ability.
In order to attract the best, we are delighted to announce a £5000 Birchwood Welcome Pack that will come with appointment to the school – this welcome pack will include a golden hello payment of £2500, a relocation allowance of £2000 and a professional development package of £500* to ensure your career development is fully supported. We can offer support and advice with relocation.
This role is suitable for an experienced teacher or an NQT, where we offer an early start date of 1 July.
We offer an effective and supportive induction and professional development package, available for all teachers as part of the school's commitment to a holistic learning community.
The Classroom Teacher will be primarily responsible for establishing and supporting learning within their classroom across the 11-18 age range.
Quality of Learning
- To check that their lessons are planned in accordance with the schemes of work for each course.
- To be aware of the prior learning and special needs of their students.
- Set high expectations for the achievement of their students.
- Implement the school’s policies for marking, assessment, setting, target setting, recording and reporting.
- To aim that progression and continuity are achieved across the key stage and between the key stages, as set out by the schemes of work they are supplied with.
Ethos and Environment
- To deal in the first instance, with behavioural issues in the classroom, seeking support where necessary in line with the school’s behaviour management policy.
- To adopt a consistent ethos in line with Birchwood High School’s Code of Practice.
- To monitor that the quality of appearance and order of their teaching area is of a high standard.
- To adhere to health and safety procedures.
- To participate in staff development activities
- To take opportunities to develop their own skills and understanding in relation to their role
Whole School (on a voluntary basis)
- To participate in discussions regarding wider school issues, and involvement in working groups where appropriate.
- To promote the general progress and well-being of individual students and of any class assigned.
- To communicate and consult with parents of students.
- To participate in meetings arranged for any of the purposes described above.
- To undertake any other duties as negotiated with the Principal.
To download an application pack please click on the APPLY BUTTON.
If you wish to make an informal visit, we would be pleased to accommodate this.
*T&C for the Welcome Package are available on request
We are an equal opportunities employer and are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expect all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS.