MYM are delighted to be working with our client, a dynamic family run business, who specialise in design, manufacture and installation of bespoke joinery for major construction and fit out projects. Currently they are seeking a Lead/ Senior Estimator to join their front-end Sales team based at their offices in Mid Ulster. The group has developed an extensive client and project portfolio with over 30 years in business and offer long term job security and excellent career prospects.Duties and responsibilities:
The ideal candidate will have current experience in Joinery Estimating; bespoke/ batch joinery and will be experienced in using estimating software packages.
- Review, analyse, decipher and critically evaluate tender bid information; including tender drawings, specification, finishes information and bills of quantities with the objective of producing “competitive tender proposals, which will result in securing profitable sales” meeting the overall objectives of the Company.
- Use in house estimating software and Microsoft excel to produce detailed and accurate materials take off and estimates.
- Price all works in line with current market conditions and maintain a current knowledge of the marketplace, rates and materials
- Obtain competitive subcontractor and supplier quotations.
- Promote and build awareness of margins and profitability within the estimating team
- Coordinate and facilitate tender review/ adjudication meetings.
- Providing an estimating service within an appropriate time period and maintain good communication with the client, throughout the tender process.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with clients, sub-contractors and suppliers, and thus promoting the reputation and professionalism of the company.
- Advocate excellent client service within the team, with the goal of securing ongoing profitable sales for the company.
- Accurately maintain a pricing database and report regularly to senior management
- Provide technically competent advice such as value engineering proposals.
- Actively and innovatively contribute to the learning and growth of the estimating department and company.
- Maintain good communication channels with relevant departments (Business Development, Contracts, Human
- Resources, Purchasing and Production). Provide handover files, purchasing budgets etc.
- Travel to meet with Architects, Contractors and Clients, generally at pre-tender and pre-contract stages.
- Other duties as may be reasonably required commensurate with the jobholder’s level in the company.
- Ability to develop tender enquiries into a comprehensive commercial offer/ tender bid.
- 5 years plus estimating experience
- Bespoke joinery knowledge
- Excellent mathematical evaluation & arithmetic
- Proficient IT and high level of excel competency
- Excellent communication skills
Mon to Thurs 8.00am – 5.30pm and 4.30pm on Friday
Salary negotiable on experience
Experience: See description: