Business Analyst - Power BI
Abacus are excited to be working with one of Northern Ireland's leading firms who have experienced fantastic growth and success for decades. They are a company steeped in the right traditions and have won countless awards over the last couple of years. In my short time of working with them they have exuded; innovation, dynamism, diversity and are very caring of their staff and their self and professional development.
Responsible for developing, maintaining and managing the organisations reporting requirements, using Microsoft Power BI and Excel. Mentoring and guidance will be provided by the IT Manager and Group Financial Director, and will require the person to work closely with Senior Management and Board Members to continually improve our reporting and system solutions.
- Be the key contact for all reporting and systems requirements and planning and delivering projects to meet deadlines.
- Support other ad-hoc reporting requirements both in Power BI and Excel (PowerPivot & Jet Report).
- Provide Systems knowledge and information support to colleagues.
- Support Senior Managers and Directors in the development of reports to improve the data analysis and efficiency of reporting timelines to meet commercial/operational requirements.
- Liaise with third party service providers, to explain requirements, identify & document solutions and support systems upgrades and improvement projects.
- Analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution.
- Prepare and update training documents, providing training materials and guidance to colleagues, to assist in their training and development.
- Logical problem solver with a track record of good analytical skills such as Power BI and Advanced user of excel (vlookups, pivot tables etc)
- Degree in a relevant field such as Accountancy, Finance, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering.
- Experience of extracting information from ERP system databases and report on this
- Well-rounded business acumen, with thorough understanding of IT systems and databases
- Excellent listening, written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Able to relate well with colleagues, whilst comfortable to challenge where appropriate.
- Ability to multi-task, being flexible and determining priorities to meet multiple deadlines.
- Precise, accurate and attention to detail.
- Reliable, pro-active and self-confident.
- Experience of working on own initiative and in a collaborative team environment.
- Motivated to develop skills and experience, to improve themselves and the business.
Salary & Benefits
You will be offered a market rate salary plus a solid benefits package but more importantly you will get the opportunity to grow the role and make this role an essential part of their operations.
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant from the Abacus team on 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential discussion. We aim to respond to all inquiries within 4 business hours.
The team at Abacus manages a range of permanent and contract positions throughout Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland. If you are experienced and/or professionally qualified we can support your job search.
Experience: 0 yrs