Broker Accounts Person
Negotiable on experience
Based in Cookstown and with offices throughout N Ireland, our client is one of the leading independent insurance brokers in the north. They currently have an opening for an experienced Broker Accounts Person to work in their Cookstown office. The ideal candidate will have at least two years’ experience in a similar role.
Key Duties/Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- To work within the Accounts Department, providing a professional accounting service for both clients and insurers
- To support the firm’s goals through delivery of excellent service
- Ensure that Insurers are paid within the credit periods
- Ensure that all credits due from Insurers are claimed and received on a timely basis
- Be proactive in suggesting ways to improve the flow of work and control/speed of payments
- Tight control of Insurer settlement process to ensure that only items paid to us are settled across to the Insurer. (Except on the strict approval of the Financial Controller)
- Production of monthly creditors control report for review by Financial Controller. Explanations of all those Insurer Creditors over 60 days which have not been settled should be given
- Queries in relation to Insurer’s statements/accounts should be identified during the settlement process and followed up on a monthly basis to ensure the accuracy of our Open GI system
- Creditor report should be run again after the settlement process and items remaining should form part of the query process
- Liaise with Team Leaders and Broking Staff with regard to finance arrangements
- Close Bros Premium Finance web site to be viewed and monitored daily. All relevant reports and statements should be produced and processed as agreed with the Financial Controller. Liaise with relevant teams regarding defaults and payments
- Ensure that all debts are collected in a timely manner. No debt should exceed 30 days old and unallocated cash amounts should also be investigated on an ongoing basis
- Responsible for ensuring that the monthly Aged Debtors reports are reviewed and investigated with other relevant staff. Each bad debt highlighted should be followed up. Only the Financial Controller can write off outstanding/bad debt
- Be proactive in suggesting ways to improve the day to day credit control process
Open GI Administration:
- Ensure that Open GI screens (both Client and Insurer) are kept "tidy" and up to date. Details such as Customer information, up to date contact numbers and email addresses are also particularly important
- Ensure that F10 notes in particular are populated with details of all actions taken by the accounts team. This should include for example debt chasing events, queries with insurers over accounts, explanation of journals carried out on a client’s account etc. Open Attach can be used to facilitate this also
- Ensure accounts staff increase and make effective daily use of the Online Diary facility on Open GI. You will be required to monitor this on an ongoing basis
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent and professional telephone manner
- Ability to gather and analyse information
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Educated to GCSE standard including Maths and English
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts
- Experience of Open GI software would be a distinct advantage
Unless a closing date is detailed/stipulated in the text of an advert then there is no fixed closing date and any closing date shown on the website you are reviewing this role on is not a closing date as such but a date for removing the advert. This also means that sometimes a role may close / fill with little or no notice.
Wherever possible we endeavour to notify applicants if they have been unsuccessful, however, due to the large volume of applications that we receive for each position this is not always possible.
Applications/expressions of interest can/will only be accepted from those living within a reasonable commutable distance of the place of work or those genuinely willing and able to relocate.
Interested in this role?
To express your interest in this role please forward your C.V. to us in “word format only” with an accompanying cover letter/email highlighting your suitability for the role and how you meet the essential criteria.
You should also include the Job Reference Number AND the Job Title (noted above).
Suitable candidates will be screened and contacted, your interest gauged and permission sought to send your C.V. to our hiring client for review. All applications are treated in strict confidence.
Our clients reserve the right to enhance the short-listing criteria where and when this is deemed necessary.
Candidates who do not meet the essential criteria for this role may be contacted in the future to discuss other roles.
Sending your CV to us is initially an expression of interest in a role not a direct application, suitable applicants will be contacted to discuss further prior to their CV being released to a client.
As an organisation, Network Recruitment is continually committed to equality and valuing diversity within its organisation/workforce.
We will provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer and act on behalf of both our candidates and clients as a professional Recruitment Consultancy and Agency.