Vacancy Reference - 16947
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Bid Writer and Quality Assurance Manager to be based in Lisburn. This is a full time role, Monday to Friday, 36 per week but will be required to adopt a flexible approach (including evening work) and expected to last for 4-6 weeks.
The following duties will be required -
* Support a broad range of developments across the Business Development Team.
* Working closely with the Commercial Contracts Manager and wider Business Services Team the post holder will identify new bid and tender opportunities
* The post holder will also provide professional leadership in developing and maintaining a quality management system for all Industry Training and Innovation Support delivered by the Business Services Team
* To identify suitable funding opportunities across the UK and ROI main tendering sites to ensure commercial income is maximised for the SERC Business Services Team
* Manage bid teams and inputs from a variety of corporate and academic staff, typically involving contributions from Heads of School, Deputy Heads of School, Delivery staff, HR, Finance and business services management team
* Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid with the College Business and Financial Analyst, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
* Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
* Work with senior staff to produce a Quality Improvement Plan for the Business Services Unit
* To establish, monitor and review appropriate quality assurance mechanisms for all areas of work and commercial contracts held in the Business Services Unit which will meet internal and external requirements
* To monitor systems and procedures that are effective in meeting funding body requirements
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* Hold a Degree in English or a related subject
* Have a minimum of 1 years' experience working in Business Services or Business Engagement within SERC
* Demonstrate experience of working on government funded contracts
* Minimum of 2 years' experience in staff management or be able to demonstrate experience of co-ordinating staff from various departments within SERC to deliver training or upskilling support to business
* Demonstrate experience of implementing and managing a Quality Management System
* Demonstrate experience of report or tender writing within the last 12 months using both financial and statistical supporting data
* Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* A current driving licence and access to a car or have access to a form of transport that will enable the post-holder to fulfil the role in full.
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.