Vacancy Reference - 17008
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a temporary Band 4 – Monitoring and Placement Officer to be based in Newry. This is a full time role, 36 hours per week and expected to last until the end of April initially.
The following duties will be required -
* Inform and liaise with employers, apprentices/trainees and staff on all matters relating to the efficient operation of skills training programmes
* Communicate the concept and rationale of the Training for Success/Apprenticeships NI programmes to prospective and current employees and employers and update this as changes are made
* Prepare relevant documentation and maintain appropriate records on every Apprentice/Trainee
* Identify and arrange suitable work placements for Trainees
* Working under the direction of the Training Support Co-ordinators to execute a suitable delivery programme for non-placed TFS students focusing on activities that will assist the trainee to identify and secure a suitable placement
* Promote the range of Apprenticeship and Employer Support Programmes available at SRC /i3 business support unit with the aim of referring business opportunities to relevant staff for follow up
* Set up and carry workplace reviews and assess the compliance of the workplace with Health and Safety, Insurance cover and other relevant criteria
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* A minimum of a Level 4 qualification (or Higher) in a relevant discipline
* A pass grade at GCSE Level in English or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or an equivalent qualification
* A pass grade at GCSE Level in Mathematics or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or NICATS Access Maths Modules or an equivalent qualification
* A minimum of one year’s experience (within the last three years) of using a Management Information System
Candidates will be required to obtain an Enhanced Access NI check at a cost of £33
Please note that a criminal record will not necessarily be a bar to obtaining a position. This will depend on the nature of the position and circumstances of the offences.
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.