Senior Electrical Estimator
Area: Newry Co Down
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000
Closing Date: Friday 24th Feb 2017
O’Hanlon & Farrell Electrical Ltd is one of Northern Ireland’s long established leading electrical contractors with over 30 years of valuable experience within numerous sectors, including the Industrial, Commercial and Domestic Construction sectors, throughout Ireland and UK.
Due to increased business and strategic focus O’Hanlon & Farrell is seeking to create an additional role and exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Estimator. Not only will the Senior Estimator work on projects where the successful candidate will manage all aspects of the tendering process but will additionally focus on growing the company’s client base.
With the obvious dynamics of the position, this role offers an attractive remuneration package (including performance bonus). You will play a key role of a senior manager within the company with potential career progression opportunities.
• Accurately prepare and submit compliant tenders, using our estimating software within clients required deadlines. Resolve any queries with the aim of securing the work
• Day-to-day management of the tender process ensuring standards are maintained.
• Take a lead in securing profitable contracts. Interface effectively with clients from initial contact/enquiry to quotation and winning the order.
• Proactively maintain and develop a strong network of contacts within the target commercial customer base and promote the company’s capability with them to secure appropriate opportunities.
• Handover secured projects effectively to the Contracts team (Contract Managers/ Buyer etc) with detailed budget and target GP margins
• Manage the maintenance of customer/contract information in an effective tender database and provide all necessary reporting information to senior management
• A minimum of 5 years experience as Electrical Estimator/QS within the contract environment
• A good level of secondary education demonstrating high levels of literacy and numeracy
• Have a technical knowledge of electrical installations ranging from small domestic to large commercial / industrial
• Understand and analyse electrical drawings to establish the correct cost for various electrical projects
• Clear experience of establishing and developing effective long term customer relationships.
• Network of construction industry contacts in place
• Varied project background with a clear track record of sales and conversion of tender submissions and quotes
• Self-motivated and results orientated
• Deadline driven & a team player
• Strong Commercial Awareness
• Strong attention to detail and presentation
• Excellent Communication & Negotiation Skills
• In possession of strong inter-personal and relationship building skills
• Strong IT skills including database software
If you need any other information or have any queries on this position please contact Maria on 028 302 69213 otherwise apply by forwarding your CV via the link below.
Please note O’Hanlon & Farrell Electrical Ltd is not working with any Recruitment Agencies for this position.