Position Title: Accountant
Department Name: Finance - Greyabbey
Reporting To: Financial Controller, Greyabbey/Blackpool and Poland
Magellan Aerospace (Greyabbey) Limited is looking for an outstanding Accountant to join their close knit successful team.
If you are looking for an amazing opportunity with a great employer then please read on.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for the preparation of periodic management accounts and other key information.
*Salary range is £30-35K for the right candidate*
Key Responsibilities + Duties
- Preparation of monthly management accounts from trial balance with provision of analytical explanations where necessary.
- Compilation of detailed & supplemental reporting packs on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis for submission to the corporate office.
- Maintenance of general ledger records including journals & balance sheet reconciliations.
- Support the maintenance of the organisation’s fixed asset registers and depreciation schedules and reporting on capital expenditure against budget on a monthly basis.
- Data entry/extraction from the organisation’s finance systems and maintenance of accurate information therein.
- Detailed analysis of stock & WIP valuations & information including ageing & provisions.
- Reconciliation of regular physical inventory counts to accounting records
- Preparation & review of standard cost data for inventory items in the organisation’s ERP systems.
- Collation, analysis and production of financial information and reports using Microsoft Office tools including Excel on a daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Preparation of monthly business review presentations on finance, inventory, margin analysis.
- Support of other business functions with financial analysis e.g. sales forecasting & analysis, P&L Analysis, Payroll Analysis etc.
- Preparation of draft annual statutory accounts.
- Management of interactions with external & internal auditors to ensure timely & accurate provision of information/resolution of queries.
- Preparation of workings to support R&D corporation tax claims.
- Proactively contributing to the ongoing development and improvement of the organisation’s financial processes & controls.
- Assisting as necessary in other aspects of the organisation’s finance functions. (purchase ledger, sales ledger, payroll).
- Preparation of regular government reporting/statistics forms.
- Other general administrative/office duties as required.
Skills / Requirements:
Academic: None specifically necessary other than GCSE Maths/English
Professional Accreditations: Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA)
or similar desirable Accreditations
- Minimum of three / four years post qualification in an accountancy role
- Extensive experience in the production of management and/or statutory accounts
- Maintenance/processing/reconciliation of general ledgers
- Dealing with financial queries orally and in writing
- Experience in manufacturing sector
- Use of ERP/MRP systems & accounting software packages
- Review of financial controls & processes, making recommendations & implementing improvements
- Experience of purchase ledger, sales ledger control/processing
- Administration/processing of payroll software e.g. ‘Sage Payroll’
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Excellent numerical/mathematical skills
- Strong Excel skills and use of Microsoft Office to extract/analyse/reconciliation present information
- Attention to detail