Working alongside the Supply Chain Manager, this is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate to gain experience in a fast paced and varied environment. This is a brand new role for our client, and there will be extensive training given to ensure the introduction.
- Provide an independent evidence based approach to warehousing & logistics activities, developing standard solutions that can be implemented in all own warehouses and shared with 3PL's as best practice
* Develop a bench marking model that can be used to compare warehouse operations, including 3PL's in different countries
* Working with the local supply chain managers to challenge current practices and provide detailed objective studies on alternatives
* Analyse the current processes in the warehouse from Goods Receipt, Storage, replenishment of picking faces, picking, packing and loading
* Review of the impact of different picking strategies i.e. picker to product, product to picker, wave picking/grouped picking
* Optimise the packing process to identify the most efficient packing solutions balancing time, cost and quality, reducing the risk of damage during transport
* Produce reporting suite and dashboard for use in all DC's for performance management
* Identify opportunities for further improvement and digitisation of our Warehouse Processes
- Excellent analytic skills
- Recent graduate in Logistics and Supply Chain or relevant experience
- Interpreting and presenting information as well as documenting and analysing processes to improve performance
- Can work on own initiative
Please submit your application or speak to a specialist consultant in Abacus on 02890313157 for a confidential career discussion. Did you know? Abacus is NI's only Highly Rated Recruiter with 4.5 Stars for customer satisfaction (Independent review site Feefo).
If you think you have the right skills to join our team, then get in touch. If you know someone returning/re-locating to NI then www.belfastforlife.com holds the information on quality of life, cost of living etc.
Experience: 0 yrs