We are currently recruiting for a Seasonal Gardener with immediate effect.
Responsible to the Parks and Grounds Officer the successful candidate will work across the District of Newry, Mournes and Down.
- Drive and be responsible for allocated vehicles, plant equipment and attachments.
- Vehicle equipment checks.
- Routine maintenance (oil and water) cleaning.
- Transporting goods, equipment and personnel.
- Assist in the loading and unloading of vehicles using appropriate mechanical aids.
- Completion of associated paperwork, timesheets, daily sheets, driver sheets, etc.
- Use of telecommunications equipment.
- Undertake work in public parks, playing fields, landscape areas, open spaces, etc.
- General maintenance of the above areas including; grass cutting, hedge trimming, sweeping, hoeing, raking, removal of litter and rubbish.
- Application of chemical pest control methods including; calibration of sprayers and identification of a range of pests, diseases and weeds.
- Constructional labouring work, erection and dismantling of sports and other equipment, cleaning e.g. public buildings, changing rooms and toilets.
- Patrol and attendance activities.
- Collection and issuing of fees and tickets.
- Maintenance of orderly conduct by the public to ensure Council Bylaws are complied with.
Experience and qualifications:
- Educated to NVQ Level 2 in Horticulture or equivalent OR
- 2 years’ relevant experience to include the use of commercial grounds maintenance machinery while in the presence of members of the public and/or traffic.
- Certificate in Chemical Spraying and Handling (Pa1 and Pa6a)