We are recruiting for a Stores Person to join our client's team in the Lisburn area
This is a temporary ongoing role
Hours of work are 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday
Hourly rate of pay is £6.95 per hour for first 12 weeks (£7.20 per hour for those aged 25 and over) - this will increase to £8.70 per hour after 12 weeks worked
The successful candidate must be Fork Lift trained and must be IT literate
· Overall responsibility for the day to day running of the Storage Area
· Checking all receipts coming into the stores
· Plan storage for the Stores area taking into account:
- Activity – rate and turnover
- Mass – size, shape and weight
- Characteristics – inflammable, valuable and attractive etc. of the items being stored.
- Storage area – size and shape of storage place.
· Ensuring that all items are correctly and carefully stored and maintained in good order and condition, including Reach and Forklift Truck operation.
· Ensuring that Stock items are always issued on the principle of the oldest stock first.
· General cleanliness of the Store, ensuring that dirt and waste are not allowed to accumulate and that floor areas are frequently swept.
· General security of Stores area, ensuring that access is restricted to staff involved in actual storekeeping duties.
· The successful candidate will be responsible for challenging and reporting any unauthorised entry by non stores staff.
· An awareness of relevant current legislation surrounding working at Stores Environments eg. Working at Heights, COSHH ( Hazard Data Sheets).
· ICT Skills for using Computer in relation to issue of stock