Product Developer – Lurgan - Salary is negotiable and dependent on experience
- Lead & assist in the interpretation of briefs in line with customer expectations and company business plans
- To be up to date on food trends, patterns, tastes & innovation across ingredients, process & packaging
- To lead & assist in development of legal & safe new products.
- To lead & assist in customer visits, customer presentations and product submissions
- To assist in the preparation of all technical information for customer presentations, including product submission sheets, theoretical nutritional information.
- To demonstrate knowledge of food regulation (nutrition regulation, FIR, traffic lights).
- Coordination of kitchen duties & ensure compliance with hygiene & quality regulations
- To adhere to Company general policies, i.e., Food Safety, Health Safety, Absence, e
- To undertake other appropriate duties as deemed necessary within the scope of the role
- Must have third level food science/ technology or food related discipline
- 3 years proven track record within NPD role in chilled fresh food industry, but other areas such as Technical or Quality will be considered
- Proven full understanding of all aspects within the NPD process
- Possess sound communication & negotiation skills to gather & deliver information, verbally & written.
- Ability to work on own and as team member.
- Results driven individual with logical approach to problem solving, with sound English and mathematical skills.
- Computer literate and competent in Microsoft office suite of packages (Outlook, word, excel, PowerPoint.
- Good self-management & planning skills including ability to set & adjust priorities.
- Display flexibility with enthusiasm and a passion for food & product development.
- Ability to work additional hours when required