Software Support and Implementation Engineer
Location: Portadown, Armagh
Salary: £15,000 - £20,000 DOE
Hours: Normal working hours are 9.00am till 5.00pm Monday to Friday with 45 minutes for lunch, however, you will be required to devote a reasonable time as necessary to complete your job responsibilities.
DATOS Professional Solutions provide leading IT solutions for a variety of markets but particularly the food sector
Our software solutions use the latest technology to benefit our customers by making their business easier to operate and more profitable
Running in sites throughout the UK, and Ireland, our products are a proven solution to make businesses more efficient, giving them that crucial competitive edge over their competitors
- To become conversant with all versions of the Season suite.
- To provide support to our customers, via telephone and remote access to their terminal, to ensure all issues are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Support problem solving and software testing to identify issues and help improve the overall operation of Season.
- Ensure that customer care is highly reflected throughout all aspects of work undertaken within the business, and that each customer is handled in an efficient, courteous and professional manner.
- In conjunction with the Technical Director, manage assigned customer projects. This will involve invoking and working to an agreed training plan with customers to achieve a successful implementation of Season.
- When appropriate, develop software programs for customer specific requirements i.e. invoice dockets, customer statements. Training will be provided.
- Establish solid working relationships with key people.
- As appropriate, to be on-site for “live” installations of Season to provide support and ensure successful implementation of Season.
- Contribute to customer care and the company’s approach to quality through the presentation of customer feedback.
- Work closely with all other staff to help develop technical strategies to assist market penetration.
- To assist, if required, to attend trade shows and exhibitions to promote the company’s Software Portfolio.
- Any other duties and specific tasks, within reason and capability, as agreed with the Managing Director.
Qualifications and Attainments
- Third level qualification in an IT or business related subject.
- Vocational training relevant to the position.
Relevant knowledge and Experience
- Evidence of working as part of a team.
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems and technically proficient in MS Office suite.
- Experience in using accountancy software packages e.g. Sage.
- Experience in working in a similar role.
- Experience within the food manufacturing, processing or distribution sectors or catering industry
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, including strong presentation skills
- Proven strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Proven effective organisational, planning and time management abilities
- Evidence of the ability to work effectively as a ‘team player’
- Evidence of developing software to meet specific needs of a client.
- Flexible approach to ensure business needs are met
- Current driving licence
- Able to travel extensively in the UK & Ireland
An attractive package will be offered to the successful candidate that reflects their experience and qualifications. The scope for development of this package will be linked directly to achievement and is limited only by the ambition and performance of the successful candidate.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity please forward your CV using the apply button below