Job title: Customer Service / Traffic Clerk
Main purpose of job:
- Dealing with Customer enquiries in an efficient, timely and professional manner via phone, email, fax and in person.
- Ensuring that correct delivery information is obtained and communicated to Customers in a timely fashion in line with Company and Client expectation.
- Ensure efficient communication and correspondence with drivers and other employees.
(a) Responsible to: Traffic Office Manager
(b) Liaison with: Drivers – Warehouse & Admin staff
Main duties of the post:
1. Dealing with and addressing the enquiries from customers, other employees and suppliers.
2. Completing both computers generated and manual reports for customers.
3. Liaising with our delivery partners and sub-contractors to ensure the continued sufficient and effective service required.
4. Ensuring that all Clerks are accurately inputting relevant delivery information onto the relevant systems within a reasonable time frame.
5. Providing holiday and sickness cover for additional roles within the traffic and customer services department.
6. Any other relevant duties requested for by management.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as dictated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Holidays: 20 days leave within the annual holiday entitlement year. 9 Public and Bank Holidays.
Pension scheme: In accordance with government legislation
Uniform: Supplied after successful completion of probationary period
Rate of pay: £18,000 to £20,000 per annum. Paid weekly in arrears by BACS.
Hours: Monday to Friday 0830am – 6pm approx.
1 hour unpaid lunch breaks unpaid break
These hours may vary/change in order to meet the requirements / needs of the business. Occasional additional hours may be required.
Essential skills and experience:
- GCSE English and Maths grade C and above or equivalent
- Proven experience in a customer facing / care role
- Proficient use of Microsoft packages including word and excel
- Experience in generating Business reports
Desirable skills and experience:
- Proven experience in dealing with employees, customers and partners via phone, email and in person
- Competent in the use of all Microsoft Office packages
- Proven clear communication and correspondence
- Proven experience in a transport or logistic environment or relevant equivalent experience in alternative role
- Ability to work with minimum supervision within a team environment
- Polite and professional telephone manner
- Ability to communicate efficiently and ensure accurate and detailed information is conveyed
- Effective management skills
- Ability to deal with customer requirements to deliver consistently high standard expected of the Company
Term of contract:
Permanent contract subject to probationary period
Enquiries in relation to this role should be made to: Johnny Walker on 028 38 322100
Please submit your CV via clicking on the APPLY BUTTON.
Express Freight Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Closing date for receipt of completed applications: 28/10/2018 @ 5pm.