We are currently recruiting for a Senior Payroll Specialist in the Co Armagh area to join a leading manufacturing company. This is a contract role for a period of 9 months but the successful candidate will have access to permanent opportunities within the business should they arise within that time.
The Senior Payroll Specialist is responsible for the processing of the weekly, fortnightly and monthly payroll for a number of sites and posting of payroll related costs to the accounting system.Responsibilities
- Processing payroll from the point of receiving payroll data to final payroll payment.
- Compile appropriate supporting documents for all payroll transactions.
- Experience processing company share schemes.
- Assisting with ExPatriate programmes
- Ensure all third party payroll payments are made on time.
- Deal with correspondence from HMRC.
- Prepare and upload payroll nominal journals for posting to the accounting systems Oracle/SAP/Sage on a monthly basis, with support for all journal entries made.
- Prepare and upload payroll related accrual journals for posting to the accounting systems on a monthly basis.
- Prepare reconciliation of all payroll control accounts.
- Provide explanation of monthly movement in payroll control accounts.
- Provide both Internal & External audit support specific to payroll.
- Reconcile and complete year-end returns and submit to HMRC.
- From time to time, you will be required to undertake other responsibilities / activities of a similar nature that fall within your capabilities, including assisting other teams in busy periods.
- Experience within a payroll position processing multiple payrolls.
- Ideally applicants should be Part Qualified Accountant or Qualified Accounting Technician.
- Working knowledge of ADP Freedom or similar payroll package.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in the financial systems Oracle/SAP/Sage/Fourthshift would be an advantage.
- Previous experience within a Shared Service environment would be a distinct advantage.
To apply for this role you can call Eunice in Haughey Recruitment on 02887440033 or send your up-to-date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org