My client is a successful medium sized meat processing company based in County Antrim. They are seeking to recruit a Quality Assurance Manager to work on a Monday to Friday basis finishing at 4pm Mon – Thurs and 3pm on Fri. This is a brand new position that offers plenty of opportunity for you to put your own stamp on it.
As Quality Assurance Manager you will manage the technical and quality processes and procedures within the production environment to ensure the compliance of customer and legal requirements, company objectives, key performance indicators and also champion best practice across the facility
· Assist with co-ordinating and managing HACCP for the site
· Manage the site’s QA Team and develop personnel to maintain and improve the Technical Department. Manage team performance in line with company requirements
· Manage non-conformances raised by your Q.A. team, documenting and reporting corrective actions and driving continuous improvement initiatives
· Conduct investigations to identify and rectify any non-conformances whilst carrying out root cause analysis of any risks, following up and resolving any issues to guarantee all quality, hygiene and safety requirements are complied with
· Liaise with auditors during factory visits and audits providing any information required, implementing corrective actions and responding to audit reports
· Develop and fulfil action plans to deal with repeated/trending non-conformances
· Liaise closely with customers on technical issues, communicate their requirements to the site whilst resolving and minimising complaints
· Auditing factory hygiene standards, reporting to department managers and trending results. Monitoring non conformances and initiating corrective actions. Ensure cleaning schedules are accurate
· At least two years’ recent experience as a QA Manager in the Food Industry
· Excellent technical knowledge and experience of BRC standard, HACCP, Food Legislation, and Food Hygiene
· Third level qualification in a relevant discipline
· Thorough understanding of key safety, legality and quality factors and how to apply this information in practice
· Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively lead and manage a team and delegate as necessary
· Advanced working knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook
· Auditing experience
Salary & Benefits
· Salary is £26,000 - £30,000
For a confidential conversation regarding this brand new Quality Assurance Manager job contact James Coulter on 0774 880 4507 or 028 87 719 109. Alternatively send your CV by applying below.
C-Tech Recruitment are an engineering, food processing and manufacturing recruitment agency with 12 years technical recruitment experience specialising in the Northern Ireland market.
C-Tech Recruitment are acting as an employment agency for this role.