Our client is a well-known manufacturing company based near Ballymena. They now have an opening for a Senior Production Planner to lead the planning function ensuring effective planning of production schedules to ensure customer satisfaction with production efficiencies and minimum stock.
This is a key strategic role, and requires an individual with a focus on efficiency and effective communication skills.
- Lead and manage the production planning team to ensure the planning function is organised to deliver accurate and efficient production plans, tonnage data and optimum stock levels.
- Leading communication for production planning which acts as the central point of contact regarding all orders for sales, technical, production and dispatch personnel.
- Ensure effective communication in relation to production plans between related departments and raising any concerns which may impact the production programme.
- Ordering raw materials for projects as necessary
- Liaise with the Purchasing department to ensure that materials are purchased at the optimum price and that accounts are set up with suppliers appropriately.
- Produce the monthly stock evaluation and assist in calculating optimum stock levels and forecasts, working within these to assist the company to manage cash flow.
- Help the company to improve On Time In Full (OTIF) KPI delivery.
- Optimise production around any capacity constraints e.g. labour, machinery, maintenance, mixer etc.
- Deliver and manage new production planning/scheduling software to improve efficiencies in the process and on the factory floor/paperless software.
- Liaise with Office Administrator in relation to stock, invoicing and customer credit terms.
- Third level qualification with a minimum 3 years’ experience in production planning and experience of leading a team
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Excel, Outlook and experience/knowledge of accounts/stock management software packages, such as SAGE software
- High levels of accuracy and organisation, with proven strong numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong commercial understanding of business principles
- Driven individual motivated to achieve targets/KPIs
- Experience of stock control and valuation
Salary is in the region ~£28 -33k + benefits including pension, healthcare, attendance bonus, childcare vouchers and free parking.
For further information and a confidential discussion please contact us on 02890 826044 or email your CV through the link.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.