We are currently recruiting for a SUPPORT OFFICER within our Training Division; to be based at our Carrickfergus and Larne training branches.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role within the team; with the responsibility of supporting the Branch Manager on a daily basis in an administrative function; as well as providing ongoing guidance, pastoral care and support for our learners at Rutledge.
This is a permanent position. Hours of work are 37.5 per week (3 days Carrickfergus; 2 days Larne)
Main Duties will include;
2. Carry out the delivery of individual and group programme induction workshops
3. Provide ongoing guidance, pastoral care and support for learners on training programmes
4. Follow up and report on attendance issues to Branch manager on a daily basis for Training for Success (TfS) participants.
5. Collate Training for Success weekly timesheets and forward to the Systems Operator on a weekly basis.
6. Co-ordinate the completion of client centered progress reviews for TfS learners with Tutors, as per required timescales.
7. Engage with local employers to secure suitable work placements for all TfS trainees
8. Network, visit and work with employers to gain commitment to provide training placements or jobs.
9. Provide the learner with careers advice and assist the learner with appropriate employment choices, opportunities or potential progression within the occupational area.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Qualifications and Experience
- 5 GCSE/Level 2 to include Numeracy and Literacy
- Experience in a pastoral care role
- Experience of liaising with employers/external clients
- Minimum of 1 years administration experience
- Experience working in a government-funded training environment (Desirable)
- Knowledge of TfS and ApprenticeshipsNI including the Operational Guidelines (Desirable)
· Excellent Customer Service and People skills
· Excellent Organisational skills
· Ability to pay attention to detail
· Ability to act on own initiative and act up in the absence of the line manager
· Ability to keep information confidential
· Full Driving License and Access to Transport for business use
· Immediate start (Desirable)
Salary £16,000 per annum
Incremental Pay Scale
30 days Paid Holidays
Comprehensive Induction Programme
Childcare Voucher Scheme
Healthcare Cash Plan
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for the above post; please forward your CV to Rutledge HR Department, 25-27 New Row, Coleraine, Co. Derry, BT52 1AD or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for all applications is Friday 19th May 2017 at 9.30am.
Only successful candidates will be contacted (by 5.30pm on 19th May)
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.