Financial Accountant, 1 year contract - £35,000-£40,000
MCS Group is recruiting a Financial Accountant on behalf of their client in Co Antrim.
The company is an award winning food manufacturing business who have experienced significant growth, expansion and investment and currently have a requirement for a Financial Accountant for the finance team to cover a maternity leave for 1 year.
The successful candidate will join a larger finance tea, reporting to the Financial Controller, with responsibility for the sales ledger, purchase ledger and payroll functions.
- Produce financial statements for submission to group within strict timescales
- Reconciliation of trial balance and post journals, ensure month end accounts are in line with Group Reporting requirements and Accounting Standards
- Prepare month end Audit file for Balance sheet, Cash flow and Fixed Assets for inclusion in relevant reports
- Produce forecast information for inclusion in site submissions to Group
- Provide financial analysis and decision making support to the business
- Monitor the financial control environment ensuring standards are met with continual development and recommendation of process improvements
- Implement Internal Audit Recommendations and ensure Group Finance policies are implemented and adhered to
- Monitor capital spend against budget/forecast to ensure spend remains within agreed limits
- Maintain the fixed assets register ensuring all items are clearly identified, allocated to relevant projects and reconciled to the trial balance
- Manage, lead and develop key financial personnel to ensure business processes are followed - areas include Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Payroll
- Minimum of 2 years' PQE (ACCA, ACA, CIMA qualified) with experience gained in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- Strong IT skills are required with Excel to an advanced standard (Pivot tables, V lookups etc.)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communicator with leadership qualities
- Experience managing and developing a small team
- Experience in areas such as audit, internal audit or risk - desired
I am keen to have an initial discussion with anyone who feels this could potentially be of interest.
Please contact Nadine Savage, Specialist Consultant at MCS Group on 028 9023 5456 or send an up to date CV via the link provided to speak further about this opportunity.
If this position is not right for you, we may have others that are. Please visit www.mcsgroup.jobs to view a wide selection of our current jobs or call us on 028 9023 5456.
All conversations will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
Experience: 0 yrs