Capital & Treasury Accountant
The Client: Local Public body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
The Role: As a member of the Finance Unit the post-holder will be required to: Support the Finance Manager in the provision of an effective and efficient Capital and Treasury Accounting service, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards and guidelines as appropriate. The post holder may assume additional duties relevant to the post as reasonably assigned by the Finance Manager to meet changing business needs and practices.
- In conjunction with the Finance Manager, produce annual estimates for Capital projects and associated loan calculations. Prepare reports for the use of management team, Committees' and the organisation
- Review and manage the capital spend, prepare reports on a timely basis and attend capital review meetings.
- To provide technical support and advice to Directors and operational managers in relation to capital expenditure and work-in-progress.
- To identify and report on potential risk areas and associated financial year end positions and recommend appropriate corrective action plans. To monitor ongoing management of risk and opportunity areas.
- To maintain the fixed asset register, to ensure the Assets are accounted for in accordance with relevant accounting standards. Preparation of schedules in relation to such for the Annual accounts.
- Development and maintenance of the loans register including preparation and submission of the appropriate paperwork for financial resources to ensure sufficient funds are secured for the Capital programme in a timely manner. Preparation of schedules in relation to such for the Annual accounts.
- Manage lease registers and associated general ledger postings. Preparation of schedules in relation to such for the Annual accounts.
- Completion of monthly reconciliation of Renewal & Repairs Account and preparation of schedules in relation to such for the Annual accounts
- To assist the Finance Manager in the implementation of the Treasury Management Strategy and Annual Investment Plan, including cash flow projections and monthly investment proposals for approval by the Head of Finance.
- To work in conjunction with the Finance Manager and Financial Accountant in supporting the preparation of the year end process and annual Financial Statements and relevant statutory pro-forma returns.
- Provide decision support guidance to Departments including Economic Appraisals.
- Preparation and/or review of statutory and other financial returns as required by the Finance Manager, within the appropriate timescales.
- Liaise with Auditors and other external Agencies to ensure compliance with regulations and statutes
- Coordinate responses to Freedom of information requests and Assembly questions for review by the Head of Finance.
- Develop and maintain financial and management information systems as required. Development and provision of any financial training as required. To maintain the integrity of information from all computerised financial systems.
- To maintain an up to date knowledge of all relevant accounting legislation Government guidance, professional standards and organisational policies.
- Identify, research and analyse opportunities in relation to performance improvement. Implement and review performance improvement activities within the area of Financial Services
- Provision of staff training across the organisation in Capital and Treasury matters as required by the Finance Manager
- Ensure all Health & Safety legislation, published relevant guidelines and Health & Safety policies and procedures are personally complied with in relation to the services and activities within the facility.
The post holder will be required to be flexible and adaptable to meet the changing needs and requirements of the organisation.
Hours of work: 37 hours per week, Monday- Friday, 9am- 5pm
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
1.1 - Full membership of a recognised professional accountancy body (i.e. ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
1.2 - At least three years employment experience in finance and accountancy to include:
- experience of capital accounting
- experience of treasury management
Where the stated qualifications are not met as outlined in 1.1 above, a minimum of six years relevant work experience as outlined in 1.2 above is required.
1.3 - Demonstrate a good knowledge in the principles of capital accounting in a public sector body
1.4 - Demonstrate a good knowledge in the operation of IT systems appropriate to the field including spreadsheets and databases.
Excellent written & oral communicator
Analytical & problem solving skills
Report Writing Skills
- Rates of pay £16.60 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.
Experience: 0 yrs