Brook Street is working on behalf of our Belfast client to recruit a trainee freight forwarder
The freight forwarder you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
The Operations Manager will provide you with clear and thorough instructions as to what is involved and the desired outcome. The Operations Manager will provide you with the necessary tools on a daily basis to follow through and deliver on the task.
The ideal candidate for this job will have previous hands on freight forwarding experience and be used to dealing with export and inport queries.
Applicants should be highly attentive and be able to provide a pleasant customer service and have a keen eye for detail
* Answer and direct phone calls
* Maintain accurate records
* Organise shipments with suppliers
* Liaise with clients on a customer service level
* Develop and maintain a filing system
* Provide general support to visitors
* Open Job files
* Sorting POD`s (Proof of deliveries)
* Taking shipment bookings
* Arranging transport with Steamship Lines, Hauliers, Co-loaders, etc.
* Quotes / Price Indications
* Booking with carriers
* Answering/tackling queries and problem solving
* Monitoring shipments door to door - updates to customer at milestones
* Proactive shipment tracking
Salary for the role will start on £18,000 per annum.
Please apply by sending CV via the apply link
Experience: 0 yrs