Exciting Career Opportunity
To provide general news content, and specialist reporting, across newspaper and digital platforms as and when required in the following areas: health / education / environment / crime / consumer affairs / business / politics. Deliver exclusive material and human-interest stories of the highest calibre. Supply readers and potential readers with comprehensive local, regional, and national news coverage/analysis, providing up to date news stories. Generate community news stories for use in local sections of our products.
- Take responsibility for multimedia content to ensure it is well written, clean, tight, accurate and legally watertight copy; display a fair and balanced approach.
- Contribute to the planning of newsgathering.
- Deputise for Deputy News Editor as and when required.
- Set piece longform interviews with major public figures.
- Take ownership of, and interrogate, major news stories to come up with creative and ground-breaking new angles.
- Provide in-depth analysis and opinion on stories.
- Conduct investigations and campaigns as and when required.
- Write to fit, meet deadlines and produce running copy and update ongoing news stories.
- Think visually and liaise with relevant personnel e.g. graphic artists and photographers.
- Produce off diary stories, provide early warnings for good news stories and supply of exclusive material on a regular basis.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience as a news reporter.
- In depth knowledge of the Northern Irish News agenda.
- A proven track record in news writing, interviewing and colour/feature writing.
- Extensive current affairs knowledge.
- Extensive knowledge of public administration.
- Workable knowledge of the courts and tribunals system.
- The ability to generate fair and accurate court reports.
Applications accompanied by a CV and cover letter should be submitted via the Independent News & Media vacancies page accessible VIA CLICKING THE APPLY BUTTON
INM Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer