Vacancy Reference - 17223
Kennedy Recruitment are working in connection with their Public Sector client to recruit a Band 6 Policy Officer to be based in Belfast. This is a full time temporary position, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm and expected to last until the end of July 2019 with possible extension. The following duties will be required -
* Promote and enable organisational understanding of the client's responsibilities, under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), Freedom of Information (FOI) and environmental Information Regulations (EIR). This will include development of practical guides, reference documents, training materials and workshops.
* Manage the Client's Freedom of Information Publication Scheme, ensuring that it is kept up-to-date, maintained and continually reviewed in accordance with the Information Commissioner's model scheme and Freedom of Information principles.
* Manage information security incidents, recommending remedial actions and following up to ensure completion.
* Participation or lead in investigations of information security incidents as required.
* Support clients in respect of their Information Governance requirements, to include coordinating and participating in the quarterly information governance forum with client organisations.
* Deputising for the DPO as required.
* Ensure information requests received under GDPR, FOI and EIR are processed and responded to effectively, and in line with BSO Policy and * Department of Health (DoH) best practice guidance.
* Maintain a system to ensure an accurate record of requests, complaints and whistleblowing disclosures, to include details of request, exemptions applicable, and any details of appeal / complaints.
* Identify any obstacles to statutory deadlines as quickly as possible, discuss and agree appropriate mitigating action(s) with the DPO.
It is essential that interested candidates meet the following criteria -
* University degree or professional qualification and 2 years' relevant experience
* 5 years' relevant experience
* Applicants must clearly demonstrate that they are an employee of the Client or a recruitment agency worker within the Client at the time of closing.
* Proficient in the use of office-based software packages, and in particular the use of Microsoft Office products.
* Hold a current full driving licence which is valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment. This criteria will be waived in the case of applicants whose disability prohibits driving but who have access to a form of transport approved by the Organisation which will permit them to carry out the duties of the post.
* Effective communication skills.
* Ability to develop effective working relationships and networks.
* Effective planning and organisational skills.
* Knowledge of understanding of relevant legislation (e.g. GDPR, FOI and EIR).
For this role, Kennedy Recruitment is acting in the capacity of an employment business.
Kennedy Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a Corporate Member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC). Kennedy Recruitment adheres to all current employment legislation.
Please note only those candidates shortlisted may be contacted.