Accounts Payable (Evenings)
Part - Time Permanent
Belfast City Centre
We are delighted to announce an exciting opening with one of our clients based in Belfast city centre, who are the leading legal firm globally. Due to huge growth within the firm they are rapidly expanding and are looking for a motivated candidate to grow with them. To support their client's international strategies, they have built a truly global network which now spans across 44 offices in 31 countries including London, France, New York, Germany, South Africa and Shanghai. They have a culture of excellence which is second to none. In finance, they pride themselves on delivering platinum service. If you are successful, you will be working as part of a truly global finance function.
The accounts payable department deals with all office transactions by the firm and ensures that the financial records and documentation relating to these transactions are adequately maintained and easily accessible. As an Accounts payable assistant you would be responsible for logging and posting invoices to the purchase ledger, reconciling supplier records, producing BACS payments and cheques for the suppliers. There will be administration of the firm's travel accounts, processing daily cheque requests and data processing.
The Candidate Responsibilities:
- Registration of invoices of the Purchase Ledger System on a daily basis as the invoices are received into the Accounts Department
- Registration of Professional Disbursements on to the Client matters in a timely fashion
- Posting of invoices as they are returned to the Accounts Department following authorisation.
- Running SAR reports to comply with Solicitors Accounting Rules
- Reconciling the firm's supplier records to supplier statements or as and when statements are received
- Ensuring prompt payment of authorised invoices. Filing paid invoices
- Dealing with queries & chasing up authorised invoices
- Arranging Foreign transfers/Drafts payments
- Processing Land registry charges
- Running SAR reports ensuring compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Downloading Legal Connect charges and processing rejections
- Obtaining authorisation of invoices prior to payment
- Prompt logging of these invoices upon receipt.
- Arranging foreign transfers and draft payments
- Arranging payments in accordance with suppliers' terms and conditions ensuring no interest is charged to the account
- Reconciling supplier statements, ensuring returned tickets are sent back daily
- Data input on re-charges
- Downloading and processing DHL invoices onto the finance accounting system
- Reconcile statements and produce payments for couriers, taxi accounts
- Post imaging centre costs & electronic journals
- Providing cover for other team members
- Posting client money dept.'s bank transfer
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 5.30pm - 10.30pm
- 2 Years experience in the last 5 years within an accounts payable function
- Hold minimum of 5 GCSE's
- Computer Literate within Microsoft office
- Hold a commitment to providing professional, responsive and effective relationships
- Committed to the maintenance of established processes and systems
- Enthusiastic and pro-active approach
- Ability to assimilate large amounts of information quickly & learn rapidly
- Rate of pay £19,250 (Pro Rata)
- Full training provided
- Pension Scheme
- Subsidies gym membership
- Health Care Scheme
- Working with a global brand
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.
For consideration for the accounts payable assistant please apply online or send your CV through to email@example.com for review. For any further details please call 02890 242824.
Experience: 0 yrs